I suspect that a new seller has plagiarised my gig and purchased fake reviews: what do I do?

dponzio

Question

Posted (edited)

Hello, I discovered a new seller in my specific country niche service category and have been observing him/her for about 3 weeks now. I came to believe that he/she plagiarised my gig, at least partially, and strongly suspect that he/she has purchased fake reviews.

I always welcome fair competition as it helps learning and growing but this one has:

-  Initially plagiarised the words in the package structure of my gig, and added bits that show his/her incompetence in this specific service area as they do not match with the service itself. An actual provider of such service would never add such bits to the deliverables as they are inconsistent with it.

- Got one initial review which sounded fake for a number of reasons, including the tone of the review which is in my native language (I also checked the buyer, his activity does not seem relevant at all with the service purchased)

- Got a 2nd review which sounds even more fake - unusually long, with part of the content inconsistent with the actual service described in the gig. 

- Messed with languages spoken: initially claimed to speak Italian, English, Spanish, French and Danish (Wow! All together? Is this credible?). Danish has now been removed. 

I also looked into this service provider, who advertises herself/himself as an experienced company (with logo) in this service area (supply chain - procurement), specifically in my country. The problem is..... there is no trace anywhere of such company or professional individual service provider internationally, which may offer such services in my language and related with my country. Nothing. And I am a good researcher and investigator, if there were any indirect links to providers with similar names, logos, claims etc I would have tracked them down. Any other similar one provides very different services from this one.

This one looks artificial and entirely out-of-the-blue.

In a nutshell: this looks to me like en entirely fake entity, fake logo, fake description, fake languages, improvising services and claiming skills without any specific experience, plus plagiarising the work of actual professionals. 

Someone like this is likely to trick and damage buyers, not service them professionally, and damage Fiverr's reputation as well, if my suspicions prove to be right.

What can I do next? In your experience, is Fiverr able to confirm of disprove my suspicions and take measures? Thanks for any advice. 😉

Edited by dponzio
  • Like 5

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, milos_siena said:

You can send me a profile link of this seller in direct message, and I will see what I can do with the support team.

Thanks for looking into this, done! 

Edited by dponzio
  • Like 3