Is there any hope left after receiving a devastating 1-star rating on Fiverr?

azib89

Hi everyone,

I'm new on Fiverr. I created around 10 gigs, but only one of them is making any sales.

I have completed 11 orders on this one gig only. However, today I received a 1-star review from a client who clearly did not read the gig description properly.

I completed this order on April 26th, and the client was completely satisfied with the service at that time.

Today, on May 5th, he contacted me through inbox and asked why I did not install the premium plugin license on their website, which was not part of our initial agreement. I informed him that the license needed to be purchased separately as it was not covered in the base gig price. He acknowledged this and then left a 1-star review.

Subsequently, my overall profile rating dropped from 5.0 to 4.4 in under a minute.

I am uncertain if I will receive future orders on this gig. As my livelihood depends on this one gig, it is disheartening to have it affected by a single negative feedback, especially one that I believe is unfair.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to regain traction and secure future orders, as I understand the impact of a 4.4-star rating on potential clients' trust. Thank you for your assistance and advice.

• Like 8

Don't discourage yourself. These kind of buyers are something that you have to encounter from time to time. Your gigs are visible in search page and success score is solid. Move on and good luck !

• Like 7
  • Up 4

1. Respond to the review: Politely and professionally address the client's concerns, reiterating that the premium plugin license was not part of the initial agreement. This shows potential clients that you're proactive and committed to customer satisfaction.

2. Focus on excellent service: Continue delivering high-quality work and exceeding client expectations. This will lead to more positive reviews, helping to balance out the negative one.

3. Encourage satisfied clients to leave reviews: Reach out to happy clients and politely ask them to share their experiences. This will help increase your overall rating.

4. Optimize your gig: Ensure your gig description, keywords, and tags are accurate and clear, minimizing potential miscommunications.

5. Offer exceptional customer service: Go above and beyond for your clients, building trust and loyalty.

6. Consider offering a premium service: Provide an upsell option for clients who want additional services like plugin licenses, increasing your earnings potential.

7. Don't stress about a 4.4-star rating: While it's not perfect, a 4.4-star rating is still respectable and demonstrates your commitment to quality.

Remember, one negative review doesn't define your entire service. Focus on continuous improvement, and with time, your rating will recover. Good luck!

• Like 7
  • Up 1

@milos_siena Thank you for your kind words; they mean a lot to me. I saw a new light when my gig started gaining traction, and after this review, I couldn't even sleep properly. You're right! In business, you encounter all sorts of customers, and in my opinion, the most important thing is knowing how to tackle such situations. Hence, I wanted to ask experts what would be the professional way to deal with difficult customers.

@aimriser Great response! This seems like the advice I needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about your experience. It's frustrating when a single negative review affects your overall rating. To regain traction, consider reaching out to previous satisfied clients for positive reviews. Additionally, emphasize excellent customer service and clear communication in future orders to build trust.

Hang in there, and don't let one review discourage you.

• Like 5

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. It's tough when one bad review brings down your rating. To bounce back, try asking happy customers to leave positive reviews. Also, focus on providing great service and being clear with clients to build trust. Don't worry too much; one review doesn't define your whole gig. Keep going!

• Like 5