Suggestion: Fiverr could send a message to Fiverr users warning them about scams

I know Fiverr would NEVER consider this, but:

A temporary new-account embargo.

Seriously, at this point, the phishing very well might be doing more harm to Fiverr than a temporary freeze on new accounts might, because those new accounts are the ones being targeted and assaulted. 

Even the forever-requested 'verify all accounts on sign-up' probably wouldn't work, because that's one of the main methods the phishers are using. 

• Like 1
  • Up 4

58 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

I know Fiverr would NEVER consider this, but:

A temporary new-account embargo.

Seriously, at this point, the phishing very well might be doing more harm to Fiverr than a temporary freeze on new accounts might, because those new accounts are the ones being targeted and assaulted. 

Even the forever-requested 'verify all accounts on sign-up' probably wouldn't work, because that's one of the main methods the phishers are using. 

This is an excellent suggestion.

In my opinion, Fiverr should definitely consider doing this (or at least some form of it) to ensure that they won't get labeled as a place where scammers are running wild.

People wouldn't care whether it's buyers or sellers that get scammed. Having the word "scam" tied to a site like this would ultimately mean that both parties will get discouraged from using the platform.

Bad for business in the end.

So yeah...

PLEASE DO SOMETHING FIVERR!!!!

• Like 1
  • Up 2