Buyer not responding to requirements... What should I do?

johanna2353

(New Fiverr user) I have about 1 day and 8 hours left to complete a sale, but the buyer hasn’t sent the requirements needed for me to complete it! I have already sent 3 messages offering my assistance and I never get a response. I know I can always cancel this order, but are there any other options? Thanks in advance for any info/advice

Guest laughingcrow

If your timer is ticking, it means SOMETHING was entered in the box in your order page to describe what it is. If that is still not enough, and you had communication going to get the details sorted, simply send a message explaining that there has been no reply, and that if there is no word, you will be forced to complete the task at “best effort” using the information you already had, and will deliver it.

Good chance the buyer will be coming up for air in a matter of hours. Else, deliver the work with half a day to spare. If he doesn’t respond in 3 days it will be marked as complete. If not, he will still be able to ask for a modification and you will have half a day left.

If you then run out of time, request a mutual cancellation on grounds of wasted time which precludes completing it. If the customer does want the order, he can always re-order.

Reply to @laughingcrow: The buyer just entered text, but I asked for an attachment to start the gig. The buyer asked me to provide my email so he/she could send an attachment for a flyer. I told the buyer that I was not allowed to communicate through email and I even walked him/her through the process of uploading a attachment on fiverr. I will wait a few more hours like you said and see what happens. Thank you!

I had a couple of similar experiences when I had my gigs up. I’d get a message, but the buyer didn’t include an attachment or the pertinent information that was the core of the entire project. I’d send reminders, and if I hadn’t heard from them by the last day, I’d send them a very plain, bare-bones project (since that’s all I could do without the information) and send as Delivered. I’d explain that the buyer did not respond to my requests for the required information, and that the work delivered was done according to what WAS delivered.

Usually this resulted in the buyer suddenly sending everything I needed. Amazing how that works. If they tried using the “modification” option, I re-delivered the order with the plain project and explained that I needed the appropriate amount of time to complete the project since they waited until the last minute to deliver what was needed. I never had any problems with this, and I always made sure to deliver the project as promptly as possible once the necessary information was sent.

Now, with the star system, I don’t know how this would pan out. But it worked well for me with thumbs, since the buyer could not argue that I worked with them as much as possible, and I did deliver the product based on their requests and information provided.

Archived