How does fiverr decide which gigs to show on top vs on the bottom?

towazu

Question

It is likely related to the horrible levels related update, but one thing I noticed is gigs with absolutely no rating (perhaps no orders) are able to appear before my gig which has over 300 orders and 5 star rating. How is this even a good practice that benefits fiverr? If having some stats as opposed to none just sabotages your reach, what's the point in accumulating reputation?? In the end, wouldn't it make more sense to just create new gig and disable old ones? How does that help anyone, including clients and fiverr?

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

5 hours ago, towazu said:

It is likely related to the horrible levels related update, but one thing I noticed is gigs with absolutely no rating (perhaps no orders) are able to appear before my gig which has over 300 orders and 5 star rating. How is this even a good practice that benefits fiverr? If having some stats as opposed to none just sabotages your reach, what's the point in accumulating reputation?? In the end, wouldn't it make more sense to just create new gig and disable old ones? How does that help anyone, including clients and fiverr?

It's called Algorithms. Which they can't disclose 🙂

• Like 1