How to get real clients?

dewilau

Question

Would you mind to share your experience on how to get real clients here?

I've posted 2 gigs. One is for Indonesian language or Mandarin Chinese teaching/tutoring, and another one for Indonesian language or Mandarin Chinese translation.

The teaching/tutoring gigs get a response from someone who asked for a zoom meeting for an Q&A session before buying the package. What happened during the initial zoom meeting was; He showed me his private part without even showing his face.

Some people contacted me for the translation gigs, but always told me to contact someone through telegram, in which I doubt if those jobs were even real, as how we know that scammers usually are using such kind of tricks.

So please share your previous experiences which made you get your jobs from here so that newbies like me can learn from you. Thank you.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

6 answers to this question

I'm so sorry that, you had these horrible experiences during your initial days on the platform. 

Please avoid communicating with anyone outside the platform and for Zoom calls, ask people to place the order FIRST. All sellers can use the integrated Zoom calls feature on the order page.  (https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011062838-Video-calls-Zoom-calls) Fiverr records all these calls and can help you in case of inappropriate conduct.

Also, you might want to have professional gig images, which describe your services concisely and may be increase the prices little bit (to double digits at least in USD to avoid the scamsters). 

It takes time to fetch orders on Fiverr but it does have a lot of Real Buyers for sure. Good luck!

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

I'm so sorry that, you had these horrible experiences during your initial days on the platform. 

Please avoid communicating with anyone outside the platform and for Zoom calls, ask people to place the order FIRST. All sellers can use the integrated Zoom calls feature on the order page.  (https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011062838-Video-calls-Zoom-calls) Fiverr records all these calls and can help you in case of inappropriate conduct.

Also, you might want to have professional gig images, which describe your services concisely and may be increase the prices little bit (to double digits at least in USD to avoid the scamsters). 

It takes time to fetch orders on Fiverr but it does have a lot of Real Buyers for sure. Good luck!

Thank you very much for the response. I couldn't find the zoom option from the inbox. Does it requires me to become a plus member?

As for the pricing, I do put the price relatively low, as other translators in my fields are selling with that price, in which I think is too low, but I might need to adjust just at least to get my first selling.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

You will get the zoom call option in your inbox also, once your average selling price crosses $50. Details are mentioned in the help center link I shared in my reply. 

Oh, I'll try to edit my gigs selling price then. Thank you so much for the tips

• Like 5

To get real clients on Fiverr, follow these strategies:

1. Optimize Your Profile: Create a professional profile with a clear description of your skills and expertise. Use a high-quality profile picture and showcase your portfolio.

2. Niche Down: Focus on a specific niche or industry where you excel and can offer unique value to clients.

3. Create Compelling Gigs: Craft detailed and engaging gig listings that clearly describe your services, pricing, and delivery timeframes.

4. Use Keywords: Use relevant keywords in your gig titles, descriptions, and tags to improve search visibility and attract potential clients.

5. Offer Competitive Pricing: Price your services competitively to attract clients while ensuring fair compensation for your work.

6. Promote Your Gigs: Share your gig listings on social media, forums, and other platforms to increase visibility and attract potential clients.

7. Deliver High-Quality Work: Provide exceptional service to your clients to earn positive reviews and build a strong reputation on the platform.

8. Communicate Effectively: Maintain clear and prompt communication with clients throughout the order process to build trust and confidence in your services.

9. Utilize Fiverr Features: Take advantage of Fiverr's features such as Promoted Gigs, gig extras, and packages to enhance your offerings and increase visibility.

10. Seek Feedback and Reviews: Encourage satisfied clients to leave positive reviews and feedback on your profile. Positive reviews can help attract more clients and establish credibility as a reliab

• Like 4