Flagged Account

emmbaraka

Question

Due to the nature of my service (web development) I'm forced to request for personal information from my clients such as WordPress username and password which maybe inform of an email. Sometimes I request for phone numbers when integrating Whatsapp chatboxes. As a result, I suspect Fiverr quality control flagged my account for Terms and Conditions violation. What do I do to prevent further flags in future?

• Like 3

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, emmbaraka said:

What do I do to prevent further flags in future?

Better to discuss with Fiverr Support, explain them everything and get guidance from them as your services requires personal contact information in order to complete the task. They'll guide you what to do. 

• Like 4

On 4/18/2024 at 7:38 AM, emmbaraka said:

Can we say that as it stands i am now banned on fiverr? If yes, am i allowed to create a new account again?

It will lead to a ban. You have time to finish ongoing orders and withdraw money. Allowing a banned user to create a new account would make a ban pointless.

• Like 3

Your account is restricted to block. It will lead to block/ban (permanent), it is just that you have 90 day period (77 days remaining in your case) to finish ongoing orders and withdraw money. There are minor penalties, like warnings. In your case, with clone accounts, it usually leads either to block or to de-ranking to a new seller, not participating in levels anymore and barely being seen in search results. Unfortunatelly your penalty is block after 90 day period, as mentioned above. The customer support probably won't answer to your multiple messages.

• Like 3

On 4/11/2024 at 11:51 AM, milos_siena said:

The reason why your account is restricted is that they found clone accounts. You made more than one account - from the same ip/device/similar email/profile picture, and so there is evidence that it's all you. 

I admit existence of clone accounts, although i am not the sole owner of the two. I have a sister who has been doing fiverr as well, but we do use a shared device. In such a case how can I be helped?

• Like 3

On 4/13/2024 at 10:26 AM, milos_siena said:

You can write to the support, but have in mind that they probably heard about these kind of explanations, so I'm not sure there is a great chance of your profile getting unrestricted.

Good luck.

Can we say that as it stands i am now banned on fiverr? I had funds in the account processing, is it all gone with the drain?

• Like 3

On 4/13/2024 at 10:26 AM, milos_siena said:

You can write to the support, but have in mind that they probably heard about these kind of explanations, so I'm not sure there is a great chance of your profile getting unrestricted.

Good luck.

Can we say that as it stands i am now banned on fiverr? If yes, am i allowed to create a new account again?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, milos_siena said:

It will lead to ban. You have time to finish ongoing orders and withdraw money. Allowing a banned user to create a new account would make a ban pointless.

Does this mean i am not banned currently or I am banned? I would wish to know the differences between flagging, restricted and banning in the context of fiverr's terms because when i switch to my seller profile it notifies that my account has been flagged, when i scroll to the messaging section, it notifies that my account is restricted. Do they mean the same thing? Is it a permanent ban? I mean how do i distinguish because i am confused. It is a first time experience on fiverr.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, borngreatmozia said:

I got a warning to this regard and i don't understand it

For my case i was never warned. I just received an email notifying me of restriction already in effect.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, borngreatmozia said:

I got a warning to this regard and i don't understand it

You have no severe penalties. There is one warning about spam, it looks like you contacted a buyer directly and offered your services.

• Like 5