Beware of this new scam

On 9/30/2024 at 6:59 PM, uk1000 said:

It's a scam message. Don't paste any links into the browser if it tries to pretend there's an order like that.

All valid orders will show on your real Fiverr dashboard.

Report all users who tell you an order has been placed and ask you to paste a link into your browser to see it.

If you pasted the link it would probably take you to a fake page where it will ask for your payment info to try to "get funds". That's not how real Fiverr orders work. Any "get funds" option to work on an order is a scam. Don't paste the link in your browser as it could be unsafe and would just be a scam site's page. Also don't scan any QR codes users send to the inbox.

Since it's from a user with an account dated 2022 (quite a while ago) it might be that that user's account is hacked. Though it's a buyer only account with only 1 review.

thank you for the valuable information. 

On 9/30/2024 at 11:14 PM, designcore69 said:

You can report them.

how? I just see "block" option in the chat section.

• Like 6

Hey, Dear, a few days ago, I got a message in my Fiverr inbox. He asked me to accept his order request, but when I clicked on the Fiverr order link, I saw he had already paid 50 Dollars. But I Couldn't Receive the Money Because I didn't have a Payment Verification on Fiverr. I don't know if it's real or Fake. Please let me know if you know about this Message. Thanks in Advance.

Fake Buyer Request.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-10-02 at 3.36.05 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-10-02 at 3.36.05 AM (1).jpeg

• Like 4

It's definitely a scam. I've had a similar experience as well. Fiverr will automatically shut down any suspicious activity, so it’s crucial to stay vigilant. Always accept official "Orders" where the client has already paid for your services. And as @filipdevaere mentioned above, be sure to report and block any suspicious messages. Stay safe!

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Scams for new seller? I get three sudden orders last night and the clients all require my email in chat, then I receive couple alike Fiverr email say client already pay the order just wait for my card verification.

Hi, I'm a new seller and just come for last week. I open really low price animate headshot commissions ($5) for practice my drawing. There is a customer pop up last night say they really like the work and already paid for it, ask for my email address. I never got any order before so I don't know what is the real process, so I click on the Fiverr-like email that send to my inbox. The website ask my for card information and bank balance ( they even show up the paypal and google pay option but can't choose lol). I was too exciting for my first order and didn't raise that on alert. Then I try many times for the verification for my two banks but didn't work out. I keep received the scam warning text from my two bank said I doing payments at rbxgold something. The customer support on website say my bank probably block the system because their company on European not American (What an obvious scam reminder). In next two hour, another two clients using similar asking me the email and very "enthusiastic" about help my go through the verification. I feel guilty for not accepting their orders and didn't reply in chat. After I wake up I start to realize that they are frauds in a big chance.......Luckily my banks all block them and I didn't lose money for hundred of dollars, but also feel sad about I the fact I never have a really customer so far LOL.

截屏2024-10-02 下午12.21.12.png

截屏2024-10-02 下午1.12.18.png

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, asterime said:

Hi, I'm a new seller and just come for last week. I open really low price animate headshot commissions ($5) for practice my drawing. There is a customer pop up last night say they really like the work and already paid for it, ask for my email address. I never got any order before so I don't know what is the real process, so I click on the Fiverr-like email that send to my inbox. The website ask my for card information and bank balance ( they even show up the paypal and google pay option but can't choose lol). I was too exciting for my first order and didn't raise that on alert. Then I try many times for the verification for my two banks but didn't work out. I keep received the scam warning text from my two bank said I doing payments at rbxgold something. The customer support on website say my bank probably block the system because their company on European not American (What an obvious scam reminder). In next two hour, another two clients using similar asking me the email and very "enthusiastic" about help my go through the verification. I feel guilty for not accepting their orders and didn't reply in chat. After I wake up I start to realize that they are frauds in a big chance.......

Luckily my banks all block them and I didn't lose money for hundred of dollars, but also feel sad about I the fact I never have a really customer so far LOL.

截屏2024-10-02 下午12.21.12.png

截屏2024-10-02 下午1.12.18.png

I also received this type massage!  Scamer, bcov fiverr do not allow any contact address here!! Have to avoid them.

• Like 6

On 10/2/2024 at 6:19 AM, ziadforbusiness said:

It's definitely a scam. I've had a similar experience as well. Fiverr will automatically shut down any suspicious activity, so it’s crucial to stay vigilant. Always accept official "Orders" where the client has already paid for your services. And as @filipdevaere mentioned above, be sure to report and block any suspicious messages. Stay safe!

@ziadforbusiness Thank you so much for giving me a valuable tips🥰

On 10/2/2024 at 6:05 AM, filipdevaere said:

It's a scam. 

Don't give your card details.

Report the buyer and block him.

@filipdevaere Thank You so much🥰  You're very helpful❤️👈

• Like 4

Hello, today I got a message from Fiverr. She asked me my email and send me an email saying: I'm waiting for your confirm. I didn't know that I shouldn't give my email so, I clicked on that button then I saw a new page, filled with card details that I need to enter. I was like: huh? then I closed the site and block her. I hope I didn't get any virus. I clicked that button when I was on phone. But still I didn't fill my card details.llla.PNG.b05ef9c74aaf2ed040a349ce87a872ee.PNG

• Like 1