BEWARE EVERYONE

After almost a year of being a successful seller with 0 complaints and 100 percent satisfied customers, I learned the most valuable rule of them all, the most important lesson which i learned because of ONE buyer/scammer experience 

fiver = sellers having zero protection from scammers/buyers

Everyone beware of this platform, you are on your own.

customer service are working for buyers interest ONLY.

Sellers mean nothing to them.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)

to be completely honest mister filip ive been explaining and explaining and explaining to scammer protection service "as i will call them from now on"

ive been showing screenshots and proofs to them that the buyer/scammer is using this flawed system and he stole my hard work and well deserved earned money

and the scammer service has no common sense, they are just protecting him and accusing me of dishonesty

although im always ALWAYS aiming for giving my clients the best experience and the reviews i get from all my clients prove my words 100 percent

to me fiverr has become not trustworthy for any seller, whether they follow the rules or they dont

i would never recommend it to anyone i know

forgive me sir but im tired, extremely tired, mentally and physically

this experience made me very sick very very sick

Edited by abdel_kayoum
  • Like 9

I feel relatively concerned by Abdel's post, not least because we worked together a few weeks ago and he was an excellent service provider who literally saved my life, having problems that were far too big for me to solve on my own. But also because I myself am a service provider on the platform and I resent what I read.

Does this mean that, if I sell 4 services to the same person and there's a dispute over the 5th? Will Fiver force me to reimburse the customer to whom I've already delivered the first 4 services? I think that's called "theft", it's as simple as that.

How can Fiver give itself the right to cancel orders prior to the problematic one and ask the service provider to sit on it? Isn't there any form of descence on the customer service side?

We pay quite a hefty fee for each of our orders. Why shouldn't the money generated be used to resolve problems of this kind? It's not up to service providers to suffer the wrath of devious customers while the platform washes its hands of the problem and acts like a yes man.

Edited by spirito35
  • Like 5

The last response "or should i say silly excuse" I got from customer support is that because I didn't include proof of work in the form of attachment, no common sense.
I give tech services, and in each of my single orders I fix multiple issues including sometimes stuff like game smoothness.
How can I prove game smoothness with a picture. what!!! I take a screenshot and write on it game smoothness fixed.
Does anyone see how silly this situation really is???
what better proof that i did the job more than the scammer/client confirming the 4 orders himself with his hand and giving 5 starts rating and a review for each order saying for example and i quote him from his review about my work "this guy is a magician + IT engineer!! I will work only with him in future will not look for other guy"
is that a review that could possibly mean i scammed him and gave him incomplete work. INCOMPLETE ON FOUR ORDERS!!!! in which he confirmed and rated himself and not automatically confirmed by fiverr, THAT MEANS i didnt abuse the delivery button as fiverr customer service claims.
and I have many many many screenshots of him in our private chat saying for example he dealt with three people before me and to him i was the most professional
and the crazy part is that I DID ALL MY WORK FIRST WITHOUT ASKING FOR PAYMENT. I waited for when he was fully 100 percent satisfied with my work which led him himself to actually ask to pay me cause with his words in the chat he was 10000% satisfied
only when we had a dispute about future orders, his true nature started to appear as he contacted customer support and claimed that my previous orders with him were INCOMPLETE!!!!
and that's not what is crazy about it, the crazy is when customers services agents are asking for pictures PICTURES, as if I'm a graphic designer
its not enough that I type what I did where it says DELIVERY , its not enough that the client/scammer himself for sure read what i wrote and he confirmed the order.
NO NO NO, I must put pictures.
this platform is not for graphic designers only, various sellers from different genre for sure don't include pictures as proof of work
this is a BIG BIG BIG flaw in the system, if words don't matter, if reviews don't matter, if confirmation by clients themselves doesn't matter
and all what matters are pictures, THEN THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM IN FIVERR ORDER SYSTEM
its a way for more scammers to come and claim that that sellers did not complete their orders
BIG SHAME ON FIVERR SUPPORT FOR PROTECTING SCAMMERS

• Like 3
  • Up 1

As i will always say from now till this issue is fixed
fiver = sellers having zero protection from scammers/buyers
and if fiverr doesnt start to fix those loopholes in the system, more scammers will use it and more sellers will leave this platform

• Like 3

1 hour ago, abdel_kayoum said:

I give tech services, and in each of my single orders I fix multiple issues including sometimes stuff like game smoothness.
How can I prove game smoothness with a picture. what!!! I take a screenshot and write on it game smoothness fixed.
Does anyone see how silly this situation really is???
what better proof that i did the job more than the scammer/client confirming the 4 orders himself with his hand and giving 5 starts rating and a review for each order saying for example and i quote him from his review about my work "this guy is a magician + IT engineer!! I will work only with him in future will not look for other guy"

So... 

As someone also in the game industry (and with my circle of friends/etc also working in the industry) I understand where you're coming from. However, rules are rules, as silly as they might sound. Fiverr requires proof that each order is completed ESPECIALLY because of buyers like this. If you upload a quick video plus a screenshot or maybe even a small doc explaining what you did, you are protecting yourself against scammers. 

CS can't really go on the client's computer and check if things were fixed, right? The client surely won't send them their game and say 'see? It does run smoother but I'm still angry'. As annoying a this is, I'm quite sure that there is a prompt when delivering to post something in there (maybe you have been doing that,  just the 'wrong' thing.

Buyers can lie when they 'think they are getting what they want later' (someone cancelled an order with me saying that they were lying to me about liking the product...) While this is usually quite obviously, well, a lie, people-pleasing is common enough for CS to believe this. That combined with you likely leaving the delivery fields open (or just not supplying 'enough' proof (well, what Fiverr considers enough...) can easily cause enough of an issue.

Do I think that you're in the wrong? Not really... but it's hard. 

When it comes to talking to CS, one advice I can give is to try and cool down before talking to them (or even posting online.) I KNOW it's hard, heck, I've ranted to CS, too, but it doesn't help. Calmly supplying facts and evidence - can - help. (though I've never been refunded an order even when I had ample proof that I carried out the writing I was asked to do..)

• Like 5

CS can't really go on the client's computer and check if things were fixed, right? The client surely won't send them their game and say 'see? It does run smoother but I'm still angry'. As annoying a this is, I'm quite sure that there is a prompt when delivering to post something in there (maybe you have been doing that,  just the 'wrong' thing.

I tend to agree with this, and there will certainly be times when an order goes wrong. But the problem here is that the 4 orders he delivered BEFORE the dispute and where the customer left a 5-star review to say he was satisfied, also became disputed even after they had been completed. How can this be?

There are conversations with the customer, there is proof of satisfaction, there is everything. I feel implicated because I spent three whole nights with Abdel to get him to fix my nonsense from top to bottom, and I know he doesn't count his hours. I'm as revolted by the customer's attitude as I am by Fiverr's response.

• Like 4

EXACTLY SPIRITO
EXACTLY TO THE POINT
if image or video proof doesnt exist, THEN THERE IS THE CHAT BETWEEN ME AND THIS CLIENT, THAT SHOULD BE THE BIGGEST IF NOT THE ONLY PROOF NEEDED, not some silly picture or a video.

if this chat is not considered important and the conversation between me and him is not considered as a proof that I FINISHED ALL 4 SERVICES then why is it very very important for fiverr to keep warning US "sellers" not to use outside chat services
is it because to protect both sides when in dispute and actually find who is right and who is wrong based on the official conversation between them
OR IS IT JUST SO THAT CAN FIVERR GUARRANTEE PAYMENT GOES ONLY THROUGH FIVERR BECAUSE THATS WHAT I BELIEVE SO FAR
that the chat system is useless in any dispute situation cause not once they mentioned to me in my conversation with them "customer service" any kind of proof from the chat that i scammed this person, not even proof from him about his claim that i didnt finish
instead they were telling me HE IS SAYING bla bla bla when they contacted him
REALLY!!!! HE IS SAYING!!!!
then what about what he wrote in our chat proving I FINISHED
did anyone in customer services care to read it
and did anyone in customer services care to actually LOOK AT THE SOOOO MANY SCREENSHOTS I SENT TO THEM WITH TIME AND DATE for them to verify my words.
believe me, the picture proof thing came at the very last of the conversation with them when they had nothing to say anymore, I DID NOT SEE ONE "A SINGLE ONE PROOF" from them coming from him claiming the opposite of what i keep proving with so many of HIS ACTUAL WORDS in our private conversation.
if the client is saying something in the chat and then claiming the opposite to customer service that HE IS A LIAR and his words should not be taken seriously
Otherwise i did not change anything of my story
Now use the common sense. one person "Client" is changing his words to support his claim and the other "Seller" is not changing anything".
i believe its obvious now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, abdel_kayoum said:

if this chat is not considered important and the conversation between me and him is not considered as a proof that I FINISHED ALL 4 SERVICES then why is it very very important for fiverr to keep warning US "sellers" not to use outside chat services
is it because to protect both sides when in dispute and actually find who is right and who is wrong based on the official conversation between them
OR IS IT JUST SO THAT CAN FIVERR GUARRANTEE PAYMENT GOES ONLY THROUGH FIVERR BECAUSE THATS WHAT I BELIEVE SO FAR
that the chat system is useless in any dispute situation cause not once they mentioned to me in my conversation with them "customer service" any kind of proof from the chat that i scammed this person, not even proof from him about his claim that i didnt finish

I'm not saying the system is right, because often it's not, but I'm trying to explain WHY the buyer has the upper hand here.

As I've said before, someone managed to cancel an order from me the same way - they said they loved it in the chat and then they wrote a long list of why I was a crappy writer right after.

I had delivered as promised (more, actually) but we were a bad fit and they clearly didn't know how to phrase that before. Who was at fault? Hard to say, BUT at leas there was tangible proof that I did what was needed IN the system.

For some reason, Fiverr prefers to keep all deliverables on the ORDER page, so not even in the inbox. I do think this is a bit messy sometimes (with the two inboxes opening into each other and whatnot), but I can see them saying that they can only help if you have documentation of what you've done on the order page itself (this would be videos or photos of what you've done basically.) It's unfair perhaps, but it's just one way Fiverr can help filter out bad eggs (on all sides.)

You can be an awesome person and wonderful at your job, but if you fail to show that (in Fiverr's eyes, even if that feels unfair) I really don't think thre's a lot they can do.

(keeping the chat on platform is for other reasons too, not just this. That's a whole different issue.) 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

what happened to you and what happened to me and I'm sure its been happening to others NEEDS TO STOP.
FIVERR NEEDS TO FIX THIS
if the delivery system is flawed and scammers are discovering this loophole, then it is FIVERR obligation to fix it. and fix it NOW before this gets way way worse.
we are humans we make mistakes, rules are sometimes wrong, and in this case they are wrong or missing.
AT LEAST making the confirmation of the the order from the client side should be enough that the order is finished, that is the easiest solution for all of US, sellers AND buyers. that is for example what i recommend.
or if they have a better solution they must implement it right away.
but leaving us SELLERS face this from time to time is UNACCEPTABLE.
you must agree with me on this.

• Like 3

Hi Everybody Reading this post 

I would like to confirm that I have been using Abdel for customising & tweaking my pc for many many months now he has became a friend!

not only has he done top level work to my pc which has met my requirements & exceeded my expectations but he has Always been there to help with any questions I may have. 

all the work carried out is 100% genuine & there are no complaints from me he deserved to be paid for the work he has done because I can guarantee he would have put all his efforts into this order to make sure everything is perfect Abdel is the kindest person you will meet on Fiverr and will go above and beyond to help ANYONE in need! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2