Client asking for email? could it be a potential scam?

kristanimating

Question

So the exact words of the client are this...

"Hello, I am interested in your service, I am ready to pay the premium rate, but because I moved from Russia to Germany I can not send the material that I need to do, can you send me your e-mail so that I can send you the material that I need to do!"

This seems kinda off to me? I mean I know it goes against some kinda fiverr policy to provide outside contact info like emails but I'm wondering if its a scam of some sort or not.

If it is a scam then obviously I'll just shut it down but if potentially not then I might try and work something out with em

if anyones got any experience in this they can share that'd be sick af thanks

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, kristanimating said:

I mean I know it goes against some kinda fiverr policy to provide outside contact info like emails but I'm wondering if its a scam of some sort or not.

If it is a scam then obviously I'll just shut it down but if potentially not then I might try and work something out with em

They're asking you to violate Fiverr's Terms of Service and, quite possibly, get yourself permanently banned from Fiverr.

3 minutes ago, kristanimating said:

This seems kinda off to me?

Of course it seems kinda off. What kind of materials are those, if they can send them via email but not through Fiverr? A large video file? They can upload it somewhere and send you the link, no need for your email address.

In theory, it might be someone who is confused, or is new to Fiverr and doesn't understand the rules, but most likely, they're being dishonest, and at best, you will end up working for free (there are worse options, from getting you to send them money, to identity theft).

• Like 2