error review

tinatino

Question

I've been working with a client for a couple of months now, and he's always given me a 5-star review as he's always impressed by my work and the whole experience. On the last order, he gave me a 4.7 stars. Surprised, I just texted him, "saw the review, and it's 4.7." Nothing else. He replied that I am 5 and that he "fat fingered" something. It's so frustrating to receive a lower rating just because a buyer doesn't pay enough attention to what they're writing. I want to reach out to fiverr support, but feel like they're just gonna send me a warning instead of actually trying to understand the problem.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, tinatino said:

It's so frustrating to receive a lower rating just because a buyer doesn't pay enough attention to what they're writing

Welcome to my world.

Yes, a lot of buyers rush before when they write a review. And this review system clearly showcases that better than ever before. Don't go to customer support, you will receive a warning. 

Don't text the buyer, don't ask anything related to the review or you can get in trouble. 4.7 is not the end of the world. It's fine, and maybe they come back. The focus is on delivering the best work, so yeah, just move on. I had the same thing happen yesterday, and I went well overboard for that client. They liked my work a lot, said it was excellent, but I got less value for money than expected. And it's fine, everyone on the platform is getting these new ratings. As long as we don't lose our seller level and people leave a positive written review, that's what matters. 

I think this review system shows that everyone wants to have perfect gig scores. And the truth is that while some might have perfect scores, a lot of people selling of Fiverr only have 5 stars. As a buyer, how can you choose a great seller if everyone has 5 stars? Some sellers curate their reviews and some don't, so there's a major difference. Yet everyone had the same score. That's unfair.. 

• Like 4
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, tinatino said:

I've been working with a client for a couple of months now, and he's always given me a 5-star review as he's always impressed by my work and the whole experience. On the last order, he gave me a 4.7 stars. Surprised, I just texted him, "saw the review, and it's 4.7." Nothing else. He replied that I am 5 and that he "fat fingered" something. It's so frustrating to receive a lower rating just because a buyer doesn't pay enough attention to what they're writing. I want to reach out to fiverr support, but feel like they're just gonna send me a warning instead of actually trying to understand the problem.

Move On. No need to discuss with Fiverr Support else it will be considered a "Review Manipulation" and you might get a warning too.

Recently, I got a 4* review from one of my buyer even though that buyer is a Repeat Buyer but I cannot do or say anything to her regarding it so I just have to move on and face it. That buyer gave me always the 5* review but this time, because of new changes in the Review system, she gave me this 4* review. It's alright!

Edited by smartdezigns
Spelling Mistake!
  • Like 1
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, tinatino said:

I've been working with a client for a couple of months now,

11 minutes ago, attractiveui said:

I got a 4.7 star from one of my repeated buyers,

21 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Recently, I got a 4* review

If you think those are bad, look at what I got a year ago. I moved on, clearly it was a mistake, he even apologized. I didn't go to customer support, I just left it there. Anyone with a brain sees it's a mistake so.. why bother getting an account warning? Even if the situation is warranted, it was clearly a mistake and not just a single star error. He was a repeat buyer, but since that mistake he never came back, I assume he was sorry and didn't want to mess things up again. 

image.jpeg.a9005ea4c1a24ff535932002968db3d2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

14 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

If you think those are bad, look at what I got a year ago. I moved on, clearly it was a mistake, he even apologized. I didn't go to customer support, I just left it there. Anyone with a brain sees it's a mistake so.. why bother getting an account warning? Even if the situation is warranted, it was clearly a mistake and not just a single star error. He was a repeat buyer, but since that mistake he never came back, I assume he was sorry and didn't want to mess things up again. 

I am not feeling sad or bad because of 4* review because I knew something will happen after the launching of new changes in the review system so we all sellers have to get used to it somehow no matter what. Let's see what happens in the future because of new changes.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2024 at 3:30 PM, donnovan86 said:

Welcome to my world.

Yes, a lot of buyers rush before when they write a review. And this review system clearly showcases that better than ever before. Don't go to customer support, you will receive a warning. 

Don't text the buyer, don't ask anything related to the review or you can get in trouble. 4.7 is not the end of the world. It's fine, and maybe they come back. The focus is on delivering the best work, so yeah, just move on. I had the same thing happen yesterday, and I went well overboard for that client. They liked my work a lot, said it was excellent, but I got less value for money than expected. And it's fine, everyone on the platform is getting these new ratings. As long as we don't lose our seller level and people leave a positive written review, that's what matters. 

I think this review system shows that everyone wants to have perfect gig scores. And the truth is that while some might have perfect scores, a lot of people selling of Fiverr only have 5 stars. As a buyer, how can you choose a great seller if everyone has 5 stars? Some sellers curate their reviews and some don't, so there's a major difference. Yet everyone had the same score. That's unfair.. 

Shouldn't this problem be solved once and for all? Fiverr should consider this and think about sellers, too, not only the clients. Maybe if enough sellers speak up about this problem, Fiverr will consider changing some things. For example, a buyer can have a chance to change the review, or maybe there can be an option 'I don't think I deserve this review' in the resolution center to let the support know there's a problem or something like that? I don't know... many things are unfair to sellers, and most of them (and the most significant ones) never change. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

I am not feeling sad or bad because of 4* review because I knew something will happen after the launching of new changes in the review system so we all sellers have to get used to it somehow no matter what. Let's see what happens in the future because of new changes.

Nothing major changed. Value for money is just an alternative to "likely to recommend." If a buyer leaves a review by mistake, it will happen no matter what the criteria for reviewing are. The problem is that there's no way of fixing that mistake. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tinatino said:

Maybe if enough sellers speak up about this problem, Fiverr will consider changing some things.

The initial topic about this review system was locked, so.. a lot of people spoke their mind there and Fiverr knows some people dislike it. 

43 minutes ago, tinatino said:

For example, a buyer can have a chance to change the review, or maybe there can be an option 'I don't think I deserve this review' in the resolution center to let the support know there's a problem or something like that?

Buyers could change their review text in the past and it brought abuse a lot of times. The new system is fine the way it is, most of the time the error is from buyers not knowing what options to choose. And many times, they don't think the work had an exceptional value for money. There are mistakes, true, but again, every seller thinks they deserve that perfect rating, when in fact, a lot of people don't. There are lots of overpriced sellers for what they offer, yet some buyers leave 5 star reviews out of pity. 5 stars should be there for exceptional work, not because a buyer felt bad. How can a great seller differentiate themselves when many competitors receive 5 stars out of pity? 

43 minutes ago, tinatino said:

The problem is that there's no way of fixing that mistake. 

There shouldn't be a mistake in the first place. People should be more careful when leaving reviews, or just don't leave a review now if you lack time. I have a 1 star review from a person that was happy with the work, yet they were going to bed and pressed the wrong stars. That review is still on my gig and profile. I don't want to risk a potential warning by going to customer support, so I moved on. However, as a buyer, you can easily not review now and leave it for later. There's literally nothing forcing you, Fiverr offers a 2-week window to leave feedback, so there's a ton of time for any buyer. 

• Like 1