Is it worth the effort?

belamuca

I made a gig a few months ago, with a video. The video got denied, saying that I did not include “exclusively on fiverr”, which I did. Either way, I only had 12 views the entire time and no buyers. I’d have to prove that my video is fine and re-submit it, find out-of-fiverr ways to promote my gigs, make more then one gig and such, but my question is… is it REALLY worth it? Considering there are so many people that cover nearly every topic and with good reputation, why would people buy gigs from newcomers? I already dedicated a lot of my time to the current gig, with no results, so I’m a bit hesitant to just keep trying.

You cannot read the mind of buyer. I am a top rated seller here. But when i go shopping i do not just go to TRS, i also look for new gigs and sometimes i got better value in new seller as compared to top rated. Everyone has to kick start from ground.

Your gig description and details and first appearance is what matter most.

As wingle stated we all started at the bottom. The question if its worth all the effort succeeding here takes has no correct answer as it depends alot on your individual background, the value of a dollar in your country, what type of gigs you plan to do, how much time you can put in to a single gig and still make a profit and your goals.

Personally i have bought a lot of gigs from first time sellers, sometimes the reason has been that the sellers gig matched what i needed the closest, other times i have picked a new seller out of curiosity. There are plenty of good reasons to buy from new sellers.

I was not terribly convinced that there are that many buyers vs sellers, seeing a super low view count on my gig, which was the main reason for not being sure if I should keep going pr try something different. I don’t mind to make more gigs and find other ways to promote, as long as I actually get customers. So yes, as long as I get buyers I’d consider it worth it for my current situation of being a jobless student.

I will keep at one gig for now and stick to 99 designs, but I may consider trying with fiverr more in the future.

Thanks for replies everyone!

There’s definitely room for new sellers. I’ve been here 3 weeks and I’ve done great so far. I think you need more than just one gig. Once you have several you can see what works and what doesn’t. And then dedicate that time on the gigs that are showing some promise instead of the ones that don’t.

Reply to @belamuca: Pretty sure the view count is still bugged. I got a very specifically targeted gig that gets around 15,000+ views a month without a single order and it’s been up a while. I have 38,000 views on one of my writing gigs, haven’t got a single sale this month on it. I am skeptical on these views or Fiverr is putting me in very broad keywords.

Do you state it in the first sentence? Fiverr CS seems to be getting lazier and lazier with more canned responses & probably not even bothering to watch the whole video through. Try stating, “Exclusively on Fiverr” in the first seconds of your video, and then going ahead and submitting it. I have had no issues submitting the videos for THAT reason, but rather for the reason of “quality” despite them claiming you could upload videos with a webcam(which apparently isn’t true, as I had to upgrade mine in order to get my videos accepted.). Also submitting between 12 and 5AMEST time will put you on the top of their “to do” list for looking at videos. I got a video of mine accepted within 40 minutes time when I did it at that time.

When I buy stuff albeit very rarely I never look at TOP RATED SELLERS. Why? Because most of them have ridiculous rates for low-end services that I can get cheaper elsewhere. I like to get the best deal and when I can get something from a Level 1 seller with decent feedback for $15, rather than the $200 a TRS tried to charge me, i’m definitely going to go for that $15. People from my experience as a seller look more at the delivery time and cost rather than the feedback. “Oh, I see you deliver this in one day and the TRS delivers it in seven, i’m going to buy from you.” and this was on a totally new service I was offering a while back. I even sometimes have reluctant buyers when my order queue gets too big, while at the same time a big order queue attracts more buyers.

Everybody has to start from the bottom for anything in life. Think about Justin Bieber - he started out with videos on YouTube, like literally every unknown artist there is, and now he’s a household name! Just keep at it, stay positive, and look at every new sale as a success.

Archived