Charge less than $80 for website development

alenunez01

Hi, I want to start creating my first gig (simple landing pages development). I want my prices to start at $5 but Fiverr is making charge at least 80 or change the category of the gig? Why is this? I've seen gigs from $5 to $50 dollars in the same category.  

imagen_2024-01-31_161313794.png

• Like 6

Website development is a little bit complex service for a mere $5 price. Also, Fiverr's main aim is not only to benefit a buyer/seller. It ensures more profit is generated to the house. That's why prices at this category are pushed to $80. 

45 minutes ago, alenunez01 said:

I've seen gigs from $5 to $50 dollars in the same category.

Yes. Some gigs in this category are priced either $5/$15/$50 packages, but when weighted under fiverr's calculation formula their average price goes up to $80 plus- via certain metrics like extras and custom offers. 

• Like 5
  • Up 2

9 hours ago, alenunez01 said:

Hi, I want to start creating my first gig (simple landing pages development). I want my prices to start at $5 but Fiverr is making charge at least 80 or change the category of the gig? 

Why would you NOT want to earn more money for your work?? 🤔

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 12:52 PM, priyank_mod said:

Why would you NOT want to earn more money for your work?? 🤔

Because in web development, of course there are a lot of client who also pays even thousands of dollars for a single page. But the thing is as a new seller it's really a bad thing to have a starting price from $80. 

A fresher got no review, then why will purchase the $80 package? He will simply go for someone else who already got the right reviews and gets a trust while opening a gig.

• Like 5