Introducing Fiverr 3.0

natalieab

Reply to @alliemadison12: If you use a 21 inch display monitor (screen) it might look like the homepage has a lot blank space on the sides, but if you use an 18.5 or 15 inch display (like most laptops have), then there’s not much of space wasted. Fiverr has to cater to everyone’s monitor size. If they made a layout only for the 21 inch monitors, then that would inconvenience the 18 inch and 15 inch screen users.

Reply to @buildmypoint: Of course I am aware of that. I had the problem while using a normal macbook pro, not a 21 inch monitor. In fact, it was fine on the screen of my large iMac but not small pro. Your comment is irrelevant, as it has nothing to do with my complaint. This is an old issue (see August 14) and at the time, there was a bug with Fiverr on Google Chrome which made it look different than it does to everyone else.

Reply to @alliemadison12: My sincere apologies if you were offended. However, you failed to mention that you suspected a bug on the website in your first message. Even though there are 100’s of reasons why a something could look messed up on a page, I’m sure any tech / IT guy would have given you the same answer that I did in my first reply.

Reply to @kjblynx @articlemachine: The site looks very different on different browsers. On some it displays the new layout, on others it’s the slightly older. The new one doesn’t list orders in queue for some reason. It’s not really that important for buyers to know, it’s just nice for sellers to have there. All buyers need to know is how long the wait time is. 🙂

Right after 3.0: so many sellers are being excluded from the Fiverr’s search results due to some unknown reason… No one is informed or got notified, they are just not getting any orders now and cannot find their GIG’s in search results.

Unfortunately, I am one of them 😦

Please fix this 😦

Reply to @otallu: I’m not sure, but it seems that’s the new marketing strategy of Fiverr to get more sales: most Level 2 sellers and TRS have old customers so they will get sales (even less), and the sellers with a few orders are helped by the ingenious Fiverr 3.0 release to get more sales, so… globally, Fiverr staff hope to get more sales with more sellers involved.

Discarding the queue seems to be SERIOUSLY negatively effecting my sales. I think people like seeing the number of items being worked on. It creates a “Oh! This person is super busy, he/she must be good! I want to buy from them!” mentality that helps snowball sales. I really hope fiverr brings back the queue, even if they keep the new layout.

Also, higher rated gigs should get preference.

I don’t care so much about ‘orders in queue’ as a seller, but I definitely like to see this as a buyer. I still had this up to a few days ago and now I’m finding its loss really annoying. I like to know how many orders a seller has waiting before I ‘take the plunge’. In my case I just like to know they don’t have a huge backlog. Also annoying is the loss of the stars for each buyer’s feedback and the ‘camera’ to click on to see the portfolio item. I know I can see it at the top but it’s not the same and the full feedback isn’t visible. None of this is helpful to me as a buyer.

I must say that programmers who work on search algo are pretty bad, or at least someone who told them to work that way… After 4 years and millions earned fiverr can’t make a proper simple search engine.

Is it that hard to combine keyword in: title, tag, category, description plus gig/seller rating ? At least start with that 5 factors and then improve as it is obvious that some nonsense results are showing.

I (and many others) am losing sales because my gigs are not showed where they should be. I do not care if competition is above me, as it is same niche, but when my gig is ranked #50 and 40 of them are clearly worse in EVERY factor that should matter then I am really disappointed.

• 11 months later...

Archived