The 2013 Classic Version of Fiverr, V2 You Probably Never Saw and the Real Reason Fiverr is Called Fiverr!

hotwebideas

I am not sure how long many of the Fiverr sellers and buyers have been on Fiverr, but I joined in 2011. Fiverr was a much different place back then:

1. All gigs were 5 dollars each, no more!
  2. Fiverr actually featured gigs on the home page each week. One morning, I woke up and found 37 sales because Fiverr had just featured my gig and they were all 3 day gigs!!! Yes, it was nice to make 37 sales in one night, but for a 3-day deadline, I was working hard. I had to call in sick, but it was worth it. Then, those sales kept coming all week and I had to move my deadline to 10 days and then 17 days for a while. 
  3. As I lived in New York and right before Fiverr was about to release V2, they sent a photographer to my house to take a photo of me as they were photographing sellers from the NY area and as you can see from my attached photo, my daughter and I (she is now big) were on the top of the Programming and Tech category and that lasted for an entire 12 months, so for a full year, when a buyer was looking for web development or other programming, they saw us. My daughter would probably disown me today if she knew I posted this LOL
  4. Back then, Fiverr did not have all the cool categories they have now. There were no AI services, no podcast intros, no singers for your music and nobody to fix your WordPress site if it went down.
  5. There were no analytics for sellers, no promoted gigs, and no seller plus service.
  6. Yeah, Fiverr was a much different place 10 years ago and it is cool to see how they have evolved into a multi-successful company. They started the gig economy!

When did you join Fiverr and do you also have these nostalgic memories? 

fiverr-2013.jpg

Edited by hotwebideas
Misspelling/typo
  • Like 16

Thank you. I joined Fiverr in 2014, marking the beginning of my freelancing journey. Those initial years were fantastic, my gig consistently ranked on the first page for about 7 years, bringing in 20 to 30 orders daily. I had the pleasure of serving new clients regularly, and many became loyal customers over the years. Fiverr, its team, and the community hold a special place in my heart.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

I created my first gig in 2012. I miss the old thumbs up and no request a modification button. If somebody wanted a revision, they just asked for it. It was very rare to get a thumbs down.

I recently went back and looked at my reviews from that era. I hate to say it, but buyers were much smarter then.

And yes, getting featured on the Fiverr home page meant a sudden flood of orders. Yikes! In those days gig ranking was stable and the same on all browsers. I sat at #1 in copywiting (1 category not 15) for several years. And earned about $400 per month. As mentioned above, everything was $5 to $12. 

• Like 8

20 hours ago, fastadking said:

I created my first gig in 2012. I miss the old thumbs up and no request a modification button. If somebody wanted a revision, they just asked for it. It was very rare to get a thumbs down.

I forgot about the thumbs up button. Such memories! Yes, I wasn't happy with the mod feature, but at least buyers can extend the gig if they have to. What I did not like with the mod button was that it kept the same deadline, so if you delivered one day early and the buyer requested a modification, you only had one day left, but now Fiverr fixed it.

Edited by hotwebideas
Reduced the last person's quote
  • Like 7