Hello!

viciam11

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all you web developers. What do you think about the 3d interactive websites? You reckon there's demand for these on Fiverr? I'm personally not going to be making/selling these because it's not my area of expertise but I do want to have one made for myself.

• Like 6

I think the concept is a good idea. but I can't imagine them being mobile responsive? And as 80% of all visitors will visit the site on a smartphone, it would be a bit pointless. 

I suspect that these types of websites will also slow down the site quite a lot, which will in turn have an effect on rankings. 

Good question though @viciam11 👍

• Like 7
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, breals said:

I think the concept is a good idea. but I can't imagine them being mobile responsive? And as 80% of all visitors will visit the site on a smartphone, it would be a bit pointless. 

I suspect that these types of websites will also slow down the site quite a lot, which will in turn have an effect on rankings. 

Good question though @viciam11 👍

Just wanted to add that, more than a decade back, when "Avatar" became a blockbuster in 3D - almost all electronics brands took its success as a cue and launched 3D TV's, priced as super-premium products (costing 1000s of dollars per SKU). And then kept pushing them for 3-4 years but the viewing experience wasn't that great and there was barely any content for those TV's. Eventually, the entire category fizzled out and now everyone is just selling variants of LED TV's to us. 

Same goes for the websites too - I just shared this anecdote about 3D TV's in agreement with your point. 🙌 Unless 3D websites bring convenience and new utilitarian features along with universal hardware support - there won't be any takers!!  

PS Flash based websites were the 'cool thing' once because of their visual appeal but eventually lost their entire market to faster & SEO friendly HTML5 websites. 

• Like 5
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1