Seeking Assistance and Guidance - Account Review and Restrictions

smilepls

Question

Dear Fiverr Community and Staff,

I am reaching out to the community for guidance and assistance regarding a recent situation with my Fiverr account, username smilepls. I recently received a notification about my account being under review due to potential violations of Fiverr's Community Standards and Terms of Service. This has been surprising and distressing, especially since Fiverr is not only a platform I deeply respect, but also my sole source of income, crucial for paying my university fees.

As a committed member of the Fiverr community with over 300+ 5-star reviews, I have always strictly adhered to the platform's guidelines. I frequently consult Fiverr's support to ensure my services remain compliant.

Recently, I achieved the requirements to become a Top Rated Seller, a milestone I was eagerly anticipating. However, the current account review has overshadowed this achievement, impacting ongoing projects, including a significant phased project for a startup website.

Reflecting on possible reasons for the review, I realized that my gig, "I will expertly code and debug your projects in java cpp python and more," may have inadvertently violated Fiverr's policy against completing homework assignments. I had worked on a project which, in hindsight, seems to have been an academic assignment. This was an unintentional oversight, as I was unaware of this specific policy. I am prepared to take corrective actions, including modifying or removing the gig, to align with Fiverr's guidelines.

I am reaching out for advice on navigating this situation. I have sent detailed messages to Fiverr's Customer Support, explaining the circumstances and my eagerness to comply with all guidelines. Given the urgency of this matter and its impact on my livelihood and ability to pay for my university education, I am seeking any additional guidance or steps to expedite the review process and resolve this misunderstanding.

I am fully committed to rectifying any mistakes and maintaining the integrity of the platform. Your advice, support, or direction in this challenging time would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you for reading my concern. Any help or guidance from the Fiverr community or staff would be a lifeline for me right now.

Warm regards

• Like 2
  • Up 2

3 answers to this question

Forum staff can't do CS jobs. However, we can provide you with some info so you can understand where you did wrong. You were right when you said it has something to do with doing homework or any school work/project for someone. There were 2 conversations where you agreed to do a task in Java.

I hope that CS will understand your overall situation, but I cannot guarantee that they will unrestrict your account. 

Good luck.

• Like 5
  • Up 3

6 hours ago, smilepls said:

I had worked on a project which, in hindsight, seems to have been an academic assignment.

And that's against the rules. 

You want to check the requirements, most of the time it's clear it's for an assignment and you just need to ignore that. While you get paid for that piece of work, you also risk losing your account. As a writer, I receive a lot of messages for "assignments" that students are too lazy to write themselves. So they try to hire people on Fiverr, without knowing those writers can lose their account due to their lazyness. I always mark those as spam or just ignore them, because clearly you get in trouble. 

• Like 6
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, milos_siena said:

Forum staff can't do CS jobs. However, we can provide you with some info so you can understand where you did wrong. You were right when you said it has something to do with doing homework or any school work/project for someone. There were 2 conversations where you agreed to do a task in Java.

I hope that CS will understand your overall situation, but I cannot guarantee that they will unrestrict your account. 

Good luck.

@milos_siena
Thank you very much for your response and for providing further clarity regarding the situation with my account. I now understand the specific conversations that led to the review of my account. Acknowledging this, I see how my actions inadvertently violated Fiverr's policies, and I sincerely regret any misunderstanding this has caused.

I appreciate your hopefulness regarding my case, and I too remain hopeful that the Customer Support team will consider my overall situation and the unintentional nature of this violation. Fiverr has been my primary source of income and has significantly contributed to my ability to pay for university. The prospect of being unable to use my account for an extended period is deeply concerning.

I assure you and the Fiverr community that, should my account be reinstated, I will adhere strictly to all guidelines and policies in the future. This experience has been a significant learning point for me, and I am committed to ensuring that such mistakes are not repeated.

Thank you once again for your time and assistance. I am grateful for the support and understanding I have received from the forum community during this challenging time.

Warm regards,

Pavan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1