Beware of scammers

aalishaa

HI friends

Again these scammers started a new way to hack us .Today in the early morning i got a message like this: read it carefully:

Hi , hope you’re well and life is being kind to you?

I saw your gig and i really like it, but i want you apply this idea in this gig :

link given here wwwww…

Please let me know if you can do it, how much would you charge, and how we can proceed.

I’ll be waiting for news. Thanks!

You should probably remove that link in your post, as it’s not an official Fiverr link, and chances are, as it’s made to “look like” a fiverr link, that it could be malicious / virus / phishing / etc… , and other people reading the forums here may click on it first without reading through the posts or they might think it’s link to the official Fiverr site, which sort of defeats the purpose of your post (in trying to keep some of your fellow Fiverr Members safe, you’re in fact putting them in danger by posting that link).

I think it will be better of you change the link. Because there is a possibility the people reading forum might click on it out of curiosity 🙂

Be on alert, inform others, report Fiverr about these new faces of scams :-bd

Thanks for sharing

Reply to @aalishaa: Ok, good.

It’s nice of you to share information about scams and such to help make other people aware, but don’t post any actual links to the scams in question as that can put people or their computers in danger if they did click on it.

Also, if you clicked on that link yourself already, you might want to run a virus-scan on your computer (or hopefully your anti-virus program may have already blocked it if there was a malicious virus on that page), or it could have been some phishing attempt (for example; some try to trick you into entering in your Fiverr password or other personal information).

Stay safe. 🙂

Archived