New to Fiverr and Seeking Guidance

synergiance

Question

Hey, we're new here on Fiverr and have mostly figured out how everything works here. However I have had my first request and I asked myself how I could improve interacting with people here. The request I recently received didn't quite align with my gig, and the potential client wasn't particularly friendly and didn’t really answer my question about what he finally wants us to do. Of course, I tried to maintain a friendly and professional demeanor, but I feel there might be room for improvement in my gig description. The person likely messaged a lot of provider on fiverr without really reading my offer or accurately going through my response.

This person could be a potential client for me, but if communication continues this way, I don't see a way to collaborate. How do you handle situations like this, especially when the request is very close to your expertise, and the person doesn't seem to understand what you offer? What recommendations do experienced Fiverr freelancers have in such cases? Are there ways to connect and exchange experiences to see how we can support each other?
I would really like to know more about your experiences.

Greetings from Germany 🙂

• Like 7

2 answers to this question

No matter how precise your gig description is you’ll always get those kinds of people in your inbox. Some Fiverr buyers don’t read gig descriptions but will still contact you and ask you to do all sorts of things that you don’t even offer. God knows why they do it, but it’s something that happens to all of us.

You don’t have to accept every single client. In fact, that’ll only lead to more headaches. I suggest you work with the people who seem to understand what you offer. However, if a big percentage of the buyers who contact you don’t seem to get what you do, you might want to consider editing your gig description.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 3:11 PM, vibronx said:

No matter how precise your gig description is you’ll always get those kinds of people in your inbox. Some Fiverr buyers don’t read gig descriptions but will still contact you and ask you to do all sorts of things that you don’t even offer. God knows why they do it, but it’s something that happens to all of us.

You don’t have to accept every single client. In fact, that’ll only lead to more headaches. I suggest you work with the people who seem to understand what you offer. However, if a big percentage of the buyers who contact you don’t seem to get what you do, you might want to consider editing your gig description.

Thank you very much for your response. The deal is currently not finalized, as both of us have decided to take a step back. Perhaps, there are more promising opportunities available in this regard. Do you have any suggestions on how I can connect with individuals similar to yourself? How can I engage in private conversations with you if you're open to it? I'm relatively new to this world of business, and it can be a bit intricate. I'm constantly seeking opportunities for collaboration and partnerships as I aim to expand my business on an international scale.

• Like 5