Order Milestones

favourik

Question

Hello!

I know I know, this request seems a little silly but can someone explain how milestones work to me? I have a client who I've been working with for a while on his book. I usually prefer to do novels chapter by chapter but now, he's considering just making one big order (say around, 200,000 words and that's a lot of money). Problem is, I'm a student and I kinda need somewhat of a steady income flow and coupled with my school work and that's sort of project? It's going to take monthsssssss. Would a milestone order be better or do I have to convince him to stick to the bitty bits?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 answer to this question

This is why I use Milestones. They simply split one order up into parts.

You set up the parts with separate prices. You can make up to six milestones. Do the first, deliver it, the buyer has to accept it before the second one begins, etc. You get paid once all the Milestones are complete, not as you go along, however.

Another option would be to set up a subscription if you have that capability. Then, they automatically get a new order for 10,000 words or whatever every week/month. When each one finishes, the money goes to you (after the 14-day clearance period, of course)

• Like 2