MySellers Account Hacked on Fiverr

sliverfox

I clicked on a link on an email that came into my account and I have been hacked this week.

I have no gigs left they seem to have vanished and gone.

There is no money in my account there was over $200 last week before this.

The hacker has left his picture and his name in my account as you can see his picture on this post and his name is:

Pakaya Silva - I call him a b*****d!

I wanted to warn others as I do not yet know what I will be able to get back my gigs or my money!

He changed the payapal on my account to his I expect.

The email that I clicked on said it was from fiverr support and it was a voting email.

IT TOOK MT EMAIL TO LOGIN

Anyone who has experienced this recently - can you tell me if there is any way to get your gigs back or did you get the money back?

I previously sold a gig to a customer. It was an awesome transaction. Until a week or so he came back and made a chargeback! He just claimed the $5 that he paid and got the service for free! It is insane. This bug got to be fixed if not there would be more fiverrians losing money and it is not a nice thing either. I felt for you man, however I suggest you’d start a new fiverr account and go on from there. You achieved Level 2. I believe with determination your new account will go on top rated seller! I’m at your back man!

Silverfox,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Fiverr Admins had issued a warning about that particular link, urging people not to click on it. You probably won’t get your money back or even your gigs. All you can do is message CS and see what can be done.

Good luck.

Same thing happened to me man! Change everything that links to you’re fiverr. they got into more then just my account on here and had to do a lot to get it all back! Customer Service on here was very helpful so talk to them some more and i’m sure they’ll guide you through what to do!

Guest celticmoon

What a shame that you don’t read the forum or the Fiverr news! The phishing scheme you fell for has been around for well over a year, and a new influx of attempts came in last month, triggering a warning post on the Tips for Sellers forum from a Fiverr admin, and last week so many people got the phishing emails, including me, and we posted our warnings here. There were new posts about this daily!

The main thing to know is that Fiverr will NEVER ask for your log-in information (unless you are actually signing in to the site). See:

and:

You can do a forum search to read posts by others who had their funds stolen after giving away their sign-in information. I don’t think any of them got their money back, because whoever steals your funds puts it into a Paypal account, then immediately withdraws it. But work with customer support to see about setting your account right again. Good luck~

4NBVATO8ZTSY.png.f0fe9cab877c2b979620df12231b9fd3.png

Fiverr Forum - Best Fiverr Gigs, Fiverr Tips, Fiverr News

http://forum.fiverr.com

I wish I had read about this prior - but I may still have fell for the email, stupidly.

I have talked to paypal and they say that they could get the money back if fiverr would give out the email account that the hacker used to w/draw into.

I am not expecting that I will receive this from Fiverr as from reading it seems that others have not.

Guest socialpluto

Can’t you get any help from fiverr and paypal.? I mean, fiverr should know the email address which used to withdraw your revenues. If you can get it, you can contact paypal and tell them what happened. They might help you. IDK actually I’m just saying.

Sorry to hear about the scam. I know this is to late and of not much help but me personally I would not leave 200$ on an online account you have little control over. I would suggest to only keep a minimum of funds on Fiverr and regularly transfer to your paypal.

Reply to @socialpluto: This happened to me many months ago and I went to the police and filed a report. I also contacted PP and they told me they money (it was a huge sum that had been phished, about a thousand dollars!) could be reversed and sent back to Fiverr if fiverr was the one to file the report, not me. I asked fiverr to do this but they wouldn’t. They just ignored my attempts to contact them (Customer Support) and still to this day, I have not received a reply from them.

I am beginning to think there is a reason why Fiverr wont help sellers get their stolen money back.

Reply to @sliverfox:This happened to me many months ago and I went to the police and filed a report. I also phoned PP and they told me they money (it was a huge sum that had been phished, about a thousand dollars!) could be reversed and sent back to Fiverr if fiverr was the one to file the report, not me. I asked fiverr to do this but they didn’t even respond.

So you can definitely get your money back, but Fiverr has to be the ones that contact PP and let them know about the stolen funds, not you.

I suggest to admins of the fiverr to add more security options for the changing passwords, emails and paypal accounts. I mean when hacker going to change the paypal email address fiverr wants to ask a security question or something like that. I think that helps to all the fiverr sellers to protect their money.

I feel stink for my regular fiverr clients who had just paid me and now their hard earned cash has gone to some egg stealing. I’m sure they could open a PP dispute on the behalf of the seller if they wished to get involved but I personally do not want to cause a fuss like that.

Archived