Becoming FIVERR Pro: A backwards step?

tcmills83

Evening Fiverr clan!

I've been on Fiverr officially since early 2017. I've grown my business to be extremely regular and have numerous return clients who I'm happy to say that I have worked with on Fiverr for years now. I take pride in my work, am always responsive, never late with orders, am a Top Rated Seller and have even taken the courses that Fiverr recommends that pertain to my particular Gig's in order to attain the Badges. This being said - I am absolutely bemused as to why, over the past two months - my traffic and impressions have fallen off a cliff - the worst that they have been since 2017! This ironically happened immediately as I was made Fiverr Pro and also updated my keywords as per Fiverrs keyword research recommendations. The changes I made, I did so in an attempt to Optimise my Gig, to see even more traffic and more sales. 

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I've taken the measure of reverting back to the keywords I had before. I even optimised my gig image and paid hundreds to a photographer to align with the gig images Fiverr recommends - only for my impressions to completely disappear! After trying to make my gig the best it could be, it is now performing worse than before - this kind of leaves me with nowhere to go. Any attempt at further optimisation could send me even further down the rankings and I am solely relying on my regular customers for orders now which are definitely not enough to live on. 

Any thoughts on similar issues and how you might have resolved them would be much appreciated.

Connor

• Like 16
  • Sad 3
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

When you created the Pro gig when you recently became Pro, maybe the fact that the gig description in it is identical to the gig description in the non-Pro version of the gig might not be helping. If both gig descriptions were unique that might be better.

There's also a discrepancy in the mentioned revisions.

Gig: I will record HQ professional british male voice over in 24 hours
In the gig description:
It says "unlimited revisions" but the gig's number of revisions is set to 1.

Gig: I will record a professional british male voiceover
In the gig description:
It says "unlimited revisions" but the gig's number of revisions is set to 2.

A decrease in impressions might be due to increased prices or private/public reviews or something to do with the changes to the gig (eg. keywords - though if you've changed them back it might not be that or it might take a while to return to normal).

Only 1 of your gigs has an FAQ. If one would help the other gig you could add one there.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 17
  • Up 2

On 9/7/2023 at 9:06 PM, tcmills83 said:

I've been on Fiverr officially since early 2017. I've grown my business to be extremely regular and have numerous return clients who I'm happy to say that I have worked with on Fiverr for years now. I take pride in my work, am always responsive, never late with orders, am a Top Rated Seller and have even taken the courses that Fiverr recommends that pertain to my particular Gig's in order to attain the Badges. This being said - I am absolutely bemused as to why, over the past two months - my traffic and impressions have fallen off a cliff - the worst that they have been since 2017! This ironically happened immediately as I was made Fiverr Pro and also updated my keywords as per Fiverrs keyword research recommendations. The changes I made, I did so in an attempt to Optimise my Gig, to see even more traffic and more sales. 

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Yes, my experience is almost the same. Since 2016, our team have been working hard to achieve the excellence in customer service. As a Top Rated Seller, our numbers were strong and we could see a steady development in our business here in Fiverr.

However, in December 2022, we got the Pro status. That was really an accomplishment for the team, and specially for me. But things didn't go as expected.

Our numbers in 2023 were not upgrading, but lowering month by month despite the excellence in the profile: not a single 3 star review or below, lots of courses, SEO optimized titles, paid promotions, coupons, you name it... not a single late delivery or problems. Now, our revenue is down the hill, we lost around 300% of monthly sales.

The reason(s)? I am still figuring out, but seems this is related to traffic/buyer persona of Fiverr users and prices. As a TRS, I could set a $25 intro price, with the regular rate. Now, even with the same rate, I have to set a $100 price per Pro rules. I bet this have been discussed a lot here in the forums (unfortunately I don't have enough free time to write or read these forums, sorry!!) but, for our business, this is not working at all. Impressions have been hit also, I suppose the low impressions/click ratio may impact it.

For us, the Pro "relaunch" is not working. I hope this gets fixed somehow soon. Now I am missing my TRS days, *sigh*. Anyway, I hope there is a "downgrade" option as last chance to return to Fiverr business.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

I see some changes have been implemented in order to enhance Pro sellers flexibility, so we have now some tools to revert that situation. I will update this thread with my findings and tests so other Pro sellers can benefit from it if they face this situation. Thank you Yoav!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Similar story, started 2017 got pro status in 2021 I believe or 2020. I have many colleagues that I was on par with years ago, I became TRS and PRO they are level 2, I make much more money per order they make more money overall. IMHO one of the big issues is the 100 USD starting price. I am a translator, my prices are high already, so for 105 USD I offer 1500 words (about 3 pages). But the majority of one-time buyers do not need 3 pages translated, and not all of them realize they can reach pout for a custom offer below 100 USD.

• Like 11