Offering advance work to my clients.

ayazkhattakup

Question

Hey everyone, 

I joined Fiverr 2 months ago and I got my first order within a week. After that first order, I got like hundreds of responses every week. 

Unfortunately, I have a condition called "Imposter Syndrome". 

Whenever a buyer places order so I just start freaking out. There is this voice in my mind that you can't do it. But then I got a solution for it. 

I started offering " Work First, Then Pay" service. That way, I didn't have to worry about order cancelation or anything. And my clients are also happy with this service. Cool! Isn't it. 

Now I wanted to ask, Is it against Fiverr TOS to do something like this or is this fine ? 

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 answers to this question

On 9/7/2023 at 2:29 AM, komalafzal55 said:

I should note that offering a Work First, Then Pay service might go against Fiverr's Terms of Service (TOS).

It doesn't violate TOS, If you are taking the payment outside only then it violates the TOS.

I have had many repeat buyers who come to get something done and I many times worked without starting an order but always quoted before doing the work. After completing I send them the offer and deliver the source files through delivery. 

But it's not really an ideal way to work on Fiverr as there’s always a chance that you'd get scammed at some point. I got scammed as well so I would recommend avoiding this tactic, if you must then do it with repeated trusted buyers only. 

• Like 10

On 9/8/2023 at 12:25 AM, komalafzal55 said:

Fiverr typically operates on a payment upfront model where clients pay for services before work begins. Work First, Then Pay arrangements might go against Fiverr's Terms of Service, so it's crucial to review their current policies and guidelines for the most accurate information.

I just wanted to read that article with regret.

• Like 6

On 9/7/2023 at 12:56 AM, ayazkhattakup said:

Hey everyone, 

I joined Fiverr 2 months ago and I got my first order within a week. After that first order, I got like hundreds of responses every week. 

Unfortunately, I have a condition called "Imposter Syndrome". 

Whenever a buyer places order so I just start freaking out. There is this voice in my mind that you can't do it. But then I got a solution for it. 

I started offering " Work First, Then Pay" service. That way, I didn't have to worry about order cancelation or anything. And my clients are also happy with this service. Cool! Isn't it. 

Now I wanted to ask, Is it against Fiverr TOS to do something like this or is this fine ? 

Well, Imposter Syndrome is very common among Freelancers or remote workers. Just belive in your self and start delivering quality work, don't do "Work First, Then Pay", it might hurt you when you'll get scammed. But the only advice for you is to just believe in yourself that you can do it and stop thinking about other things. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1