Fiverr inbox chats not refreshing (Ajax refreshing not working)

rawque_gulia

Question

I am facing some issues in my inbox and probably it's caused due to my browser (and not really a Fiverr bug), that is why I though to discuss here instead of directly creating a ticket with customer support.

Whenever I am getting new messages, they are not moving to the top and since I always have 6-7 active chats with buyers, it becomes very difficult for me to keep track of the chats. I even forgot to reply to buyers many times because their chats never came to the top. So, I have to manually refresh my page every 5 seconds whenever I get a notification (to check which buyer texted me), and I am afraid that I may get warnings for frequent page refreshes even if my intention is not wrong. The Fiverr bot/algorithm may think I'm doing this to stay active/online.

I have already tried clearing my cache and cookies but things aren't working out. I am using Opera GX browser and facing this problem only on Fiverr (from last 3-4 days). Is this something anyone has experienced in the past and does anyone have any solutions for me?

image.png.bf80a2bfbaf3a6c5d46a2736bf796b75.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, rawque_gulia said:

Is this something anyone has experienced in the past and does anyone have any solutions for me?

I often use Fiverr mobile App. So rarely do I miss messages from customers. I don't know if mobile App is a good solution for you in that situation.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, michmikaia said:

I often use Fiverr mobile App. So rarely do I miss messages from customers. I don't know if mobile App is a good solution for you in that situation.

Yes, I also use the mobile app and it works great, especially when I'm not at my work-desk. But when 10 buyers start bombarding me with messages at the same time, it becomes a bit inconvenient to type fast on mobile. Most of the time, I always have multiple buyers in my inbox. Even if I go for washroom break for 2 minutes and come back, I get at least 10+ messages, haha!

• Like 3