What is the plan for new sellers on fiverr

peter__a

Hi i recently joined fiverr with no orders for over 15 days.

I have been checking the forum reading. frank.d 3.0,3.1 and 4.0 release and i have come to realize the following methods in getting orders:

• Ensure your gigs outrank your competitors
  • creating low niched gigs
  • staying online for the maximum amount of time
  • maintain and high BSR
  • maintain an high ASP
  • get. good. feedback from new fiverr buyers

Now for a new seller am with no order am limited to the first 3 the third one which is staying online for the maximum amount of time, which i try to do dutifully even though its a pain in the ass.

i have also created low niche gigs as some of my keywords, we are not upto 300 there.

My main problem is the out ranking competitors even in. the low niche there are competitors. 

How do i outrank, pro sellers with lot of jobs?

how do i outrank sellers with feedbacks, BSR and ASP which i dont have?

starting out on fiverr are we expected to bring our own buyers from maybe facebook, twitter and the likes so as to start having BSR and ASP and to rank better.

or are we to wait for the day the miracle will happen and according to a reply i read in the forum can take one week or days for some while some its a month while some its years and some will never get a job.

Will my fiverr success starting out as a new seller be based on fate?

what provisions did fiverr have for new sellers like myself to showcase. our talent and help buyers with their needs?

is waiting our best weapon for now?

• Like 24
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, moriom07 said:

Why Mr. Filipdevaere,

"Staying online is useless"

@frank_d wrote several articles to help sellers understand how Fiverr works so that they can use that knowledge to help them increase sales. You can read the articles here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/243824-welcome-to-fiverr-30/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/278118-fiverr-30-revisited-aka-fiverr-31/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/300818-fiverr-40-some-thoughts-on-the-current-state-of-things/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 7/28/2023 at 10:03 PM, filipdevaere said:

I am 100% sure that Frank or any experienced seller will never tell you to stay online.  Staying online is useless.

i was not saying frank did i mean somebody else did

On 7/28/2023 at 6:53 PM, donnovan86 said:

Frank and no experienced seller will ever say that 🙂 

i didnt say frank did i just saw it in one of the post

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 4:32 AM, peter__a said:

How do i outrank, pro sellers with lot of jobs?

how do i outrank sellers with feedbacks, BSR and ASP which i dont have?

Hi @peter__a! I can definitely feel your pain as a new seller. I was a new seller early last year and I remember browsing through all the accounts of sellers who had over 1K reviews and wondering how I was ever going to compete with them and get my own orders. I also created gigs in highly competitive categories of data entry, virtual assisting, presentation designs, etc, so I was worried that I jumped on the bandwagon too late and wouldn't be able to make any income on this platform.

The good news is, as a new seller, Pro and TRS sellers are not your competition. And, even if your gigs are in highly competitive categories, you can reduce the competition further by targeting niche customers and offering services that don't look like every other generic gig out there. 

Will my fiverr success starting out as a new seller be based on fate?

is waiting our best weapon for now?

If you assume your Fiverr success is based on fate, you won't take the necessary steps to grow your business. So get rid of that mindset.

And if you think "waiting" is your best weapon, be prepared to see your gig disappear as other sellers, who are actively trying to increase their business, move up and grow their Fiverr businesses.

what provisions did fiverr have for new sellers like myself to showcase. our talent and help buyers with their needs?

Fiverr gives new sellers all the tools that they need to showcase their talents to their buyers. But most new sellers (even leveled sellers) don't use all of the tools that Fiverr provides.

Buyers will care more about your business when you show them that you care enough about your business to use all the tools that Fiverr gives you. Read exactly what these tools are in the Help Center and apply what you learn (I read through this many, many times as a new seller):

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010451397-Creating-a-Gig

You can also take Fiverr's free Freelancing Essentials course here (and apply what you learn):

https://learn.fiverr.com/courses/online-freelancing-essentials-be-a-successful-fiverr-seller

Other things that Fiverr does to help new sellers:

• Fiverr gives a temporary boost in search for new sellers, so take advantage of this time!
  • Fiverr showcases the gigs of new sellers in emails to buyers (I see this all the time, since I also buy)
  • Fiverr gives the Rising Talent badge to new sellers with potential (this also gives them a temporary boost in search)
  • New sellers can also get matched with buyer briefs, where they can make offers on buyers' projects.
  • New sellers have access to forum articles, where they can learn from leveled, TRS, and Pro sellers for free. This is pretty awesome and has helped me to grow my business.

Now for a new seller am with no order am limited to the first 3 the third one which is staying online for the maximum amount of time, which i try to do dutifully even though its a pain in the ass.

As @filipdevaere and @donnovan86 mentioned, no one ever benefits from staying online for the maximum amount of time possible. Fiverr doesn't pay you for "showing up" like an employer will. You only get paid when you get orders, so do the "things" that will get you orders. These "things" differ from seller to seller, so you have to see what works best for you. For me, the things that brought in sales as a new seller include:

• Reading through the reviews of leveled, TRS, and Pro sellers. This helped me understand what buyers wanted and expected.
  • Creating portfolio samples of my work. This gave me credibility as a new seller when I didn't have many reviews or sales. Buyers could see that I had the skills to do exactly what they wanted. The more samples you have, the better chances you have of a buyer seeing something that they like and want.
  • PDCA (Plan - Do - Check - Adjust). Set goals, implement business strategies, check your numbers to see if your business is effective, and adjust if things aren't going as planned. I spent a lot of time adjusting my gig packages so that they reflected what my customers wanted.
  • Listen to buyers. Once you start getting inquiries, buyers will tell you what they are looking for, so pay attention! This has helped me create new gigs just for them and structure my business for more sales with higher ASP and BSRs. I was able to average 3-5 orders per customer just by listening to them. Also, these customers are coming to you for a reason, so capitalize on that!

starting out on fiverr are we expected to bring our own buyers from maybe facebook, twitter

I'm not active on social media, so I rely on Fiverr to show my gigs to buyers who want to buy my services. That was the whole reason why I was attracted to Fiverr - I didn't have a way to market or find buyers myself.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

On 7/29/2023 at 8:03 AM, filipdevaere said:

I am 100% sure that Frank or any experienced seller will never tell you to stay online.  Staying online is useless.

Suppose, I am not online, will the buyer send me the service request for my Gig then? I am totally new to this line, that's why asking. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, devanzum said:

Suppose, I am not online, will the buyer send me the service request for my Gig then? I am totally new to this line, that's why asking. 

My buyers are even contacting me while I am sleeping. Why should I stay online? 

I answer them in the morning, after my breakfast.

• Like 6
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

My buyers are even contacting me while I am sleeping. Why should I stay online? 

Exactly. There are times when I do wake up in the middle of the night and I might check Fiverr just to reply (due to lack of sleep), but generally I wait for the morning and don't bother. I think having an entire day is generous.

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2023 at 5:19 PM, vickieito said:

Hi @peter__a! I can definitely feel your pain as a new seller. I was a new seller early last year and I remember browsing through all the accounts of sellers who had over 1K reviews and wondering how I was ever going to compete with them and get my own orders. I also created gigs in highly competitive categories of data entry, virtual assisting, presentation designs, etc, so I was worried that I jumped on the bandwagon too late and wouldn't be able to make any income on this platform.

The good news is, as a new seller, Pro and TRS sellers are not your competition. And, even if your gigs are in highly competitive categories, you can reduce the competition further by targeting niche customers and offering services that don't look like every other generic gig out there. 

If you assume your Fiverr success is based on fate, you won't take the necessary steps to grow your business. So get rid of that mindset.

And if you think "waiting" is your best weapon, be prepared to see your gig disappear as other sellers, who are actively trying to increase their business, move up and grow their Fiverr businesses.

Fiverr gives new sellers all the tools that they need to showcase their talents to their buyers. But most new sellers (even leveled sellers) don't use all of the tools that Fiverr provides.

Buyers will care more about your business when you show them that you care enough about your business to use all the tools that Fiverr gives you. Read exactly what these tools are in the Help Center and apply what you learn (I read through this many, many times as a new seller):

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010451397-Creating-a-Gig

You can also take Fiverr's free Freelancing Essentials course here (and apply what you learn):

https://learn.fiverr.com/courses/online-freelancing-essentials-be-a-successful-fiverr-seller

Other things that Fiverr does to help new sellers:

• Fiverr gives a temporary boost in search for new sellers, so take advantage of this time!
  • Fiverr showcases the gigs of new sellers in emails to buyers (I see this all the time, since I also buy)
  • Fiverr gives the Rising Talent badge to new sellers with potential (this also gives them a temporary boost in search)
  • New sellers can also get matched with buyer briefs, where they can make offers on buyers' projects.
  • New sellers have access to forum articles, where they can learn from leveled, TRS, and Pro sellers for free. This is pretty awesome and has helped me to grow my business.

As @filipdevaere and @donnovan86 mentioned, no one ever benefits from staying online for the maximum amount of time possible. Fiverr doesn't pay you for "showing up" like an employer will. You only get paid when you get orders, so do the "things" that will get you orders. These "things" differ from seller to seller, so you have to see what works best for you. For me, the things that brought in sales as a new seller include:

• Reading through the reviews of leveled, TRS, and Pro sellers. This helped me understand what buyers wanted and expected.
  • Creating portfolio samples of my work. This gave me credibility as a new seller when I didn't have many reviews or sales. Buyers could see that I had the skills to do exactly what they wanted. The more samples you have, the better chances you have of a buyer seeing something that they like and want.
  • PDCA (Plan - Do - Check - Adjust). Set goals, implement business strategies, check your numbers to see if your business is effective, and adjust if things aren't going as planned. I spent a lot of time adjusting my gig packages so that they reflected what my customers wanted.
  • Listen to buyers. Once you start getting inquiries, buyers will tell you what they are looking for, so pay attention! This has helped me create new gigs just for them and structure my business for more sales with higher ASP and BSRs. I was able to average 3-5 orders per customer just by listening to them. Also, these customers are coming to you for a reason, so capitalize on that!

I'm not active on social media, so I rely on Fiverr to show my gigs to buyers who want to buy my services. That was the whole reason why I was attracted to Fiverr - I didn't have a way to market or find buyers myself.

this is actually a lot but with this i believe the order will come i just have to keep trying

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1