Benefit of Promoted Gig and Seller Plus

wp_developer07

Question

18 answers to this question

2 hours ago, wp_developer07 said:

What are the benefits of promoted gigs and seller plus?

📢Promoted Gigs and 💵 Seller Plus are Fiverr's MLM•like services that should probably be ignored unless you're a Top Rated Seller (or swiftly honing in on TRS status).

I realize I'm being even more blunt than usual, but 💵 Seller Plus is essentially an arbitrary paywall around analytics services that should probably come standard considering how much Fiverr already skims off a seller's order revenue and tip revenue — not to mention — the fees they already levy on buyers for both orders and tips. But, if you can tolerate this level of ostensible corporate shenaniganry -and- you are eligible to join, you should probably only sign up for this if you already have a steady stream of buyers and a lot of cashflow through your gigs (again... being TRS or a Level-2-rapidly-approaching-TRS).

📢Promoted Gigs are even rougher, because it's less obvious how much bang you're getting for a less obvious minimum monetary investment.

Both of these services are potentially self-defeating for Fiverr... because they artificially widen the gap between the haves/have-nots by either (potentially) giving a competitive advantage to those who are already doing well or they (potentially) play on the desperation of people who might've been doing well at one point but aren't doing so well at present (it doesn't take too much of a leap in imagination to realize a platform with less-than-stellar motives could potentially exploit this kind of situation in a not-so-great way... i.e. "tighten the faucet" on certain sellers until they elect to promote their gigs).

(Hopefully Fiverr is not like that... but we've seen confidence eroded on at least one other platform that introduced a promote your content feature while growth curves appeared to simultaneously artificially plateau for those who didn't; so whether it was a coincidence or not, sometimes it might be helpful to at least avoid the appearance that it could be manipulated thusly.)

Not to mention that 📢Promoted Gigs cheapen reviews by potentially offering priority to sellers who can pay the opt-in-fees over those who might otherwise struggle to do so yet are arguably putting out a better product...

Note: I didn't say cheapens the review score, because there is a minimum score requirement on Gig Promotions. I said it cheapens the reviews themselves... because when a seller provides a knockout service for their buyer, said buyer often sings about their seller's exploits from the tops of the hills — figuratively, via reviews of course — and therein lies one of the weaknesses of a hypothetical gig with a simple minimum numeric score saddled with reviews from somewhat less enthusiastic buyers that keeps — nevertheless — bubbling to the top of the search results due to monetary-based promotions.)

Whatever success Fiverr's experimentation with 📢Promoted Gigs and 💵 Seller Plus has been (both being relatively recent additions to the site)... I reckon it might arguably equate to a bubble. I have a feeling Fiverr initially benefitted from the revenue uptick off these "pseudo-subscription" streams, but they may face a less upwardly-mobile seller-base in the long-term as more and more frustrated new sellers potentially turn their gaze off-platform.

It's all fun and games when your stock of sellers is in relative abundance.

Anyway, I digress... like a lot...

Promoting gigs is kinda sorta the point of Fiverr in the first place. Why wouldn't somebody just download a payment app and go to a subreddit that promotes freelancers for free if that weren't the case?

When you put paywalls around basic functionality, you risk alienating (or at least eroding the resolve of) your seller-base and seeing a resultant downtick in buyer interest, since those who opted into these services can't necessarily handle 100% of the demand for their categories.

If you ask me, both 📢Promoted Gigs and 💵 Seller Plus should probably be tossed in favor of making the extremely important (yet woefully underdiscussed) "search feature" more intuitive, equitable, and friendly toward upwardly-mobility.

*gets off soapbox and stores it in a bigger soapbox for safekeeping 📦*

• Like 17
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, themarineiguana said:

📢Promoted Gigs and 💵 Seller Plus are Fiverr's MLM•like services that should probably be ignored unless you're a Top Rated Seller (or swiftly honing in on TRS status).

I realize I'm being even more blunt than usual, but 💵 Seller Plus is essentially an arbitrary paywall around analytics services that should probably come standard considering how much Fiverr already skims off a seller's order revenue and tip revenue — not to mention — the fees they already levy on buyers for both orders and tips. But, if you can tolerate this level of ostensible corporate shenaniganry -and- you are eligible to join, you should probably only sign up for this if you already have a steady stream of buyers and a lot of cashflow through your gigs (again... being TRS or a Level-2-rapidly-approaching-TRS).

📢Promoted Gigs are even rougher, because it's less obvious how much bang you're getting for a less obvious minimum monetary investment.

Both of these services are potentially self-defeating for Fiverr... because they artificially widen the gap between the haves/have-nots by either (potentially) giving a competitive advantage to those who are already doing well or they (potentially) play on the desperation of people who might've been doing well at one point but aren't doing so well at present (it doesn't take too much of a leap in imagination to realize a platform with less-than-stellar motives could potentially exploit this kind of situation in a not-so-great way... i.e. "tighten the faucet" on certain sellers until they elect to promote their gigs).

(Hopefully Fiverr is not like that... but we've seen confidence eroded on at least one other platform that introduced a promote your content feature while growth curves appeared to simultaneously artificially plateau for those who didn't; so whether it was a coincidence or not, sometimes it might be helpful to at least avoid the appearance that it could be manipulated thusly.)

Not to mention that 📢Promoted Gigs cheapen reviews by potentially offering priority to sellers who can pay the opt-in-fees over those who might otherwise struggle to do so yet are arguably putting out a better product...

Note: I didn't say cheapens the review score, because there is a minimum score requirement on Gig Promotions. I said it cheapens the reviews themselves... because when a seller provides a knockout service for their buyer, said buyer often sings about their seller's exploits from the tops of the hills — figuratively, via reviews of course — and therein lies one of the weaknesses of a hypothetical gig with a simple minimum numeric score saddled with reviews from somewhat less enthusiastic buyers that keeps — nevertheless — bubbling to the top of the search results due to monetary-based promotions.)

Whatever success Fiverr's experimentation with 📢Promoted Gigs and 💵 Seller Plus has been (both being relatively recent additions to the site)... I reckon it might arguably equate to a bubble. I have a feeling Fiverr initially benefitted from the revenue uptick off these "pseudo-subscription" streams, but they may face a less upwardly-mobile seller-base in the long-term as more and more frustrated new sellers potentially turn their gaze off-platform.

It's all fun and games when your stock of sellers is in relative abundance.

Anyway, I digress... like a lot...

Promoting gigs is kinda sorta the point of Fiverr in the first place. Why wouldn't somebody just download a payment app and go to a subreddit that promotes freelancers for free if that weren't the case?

When you put paywalls around basic functionality, you risk alienating (or at least eroding the resolve of) your seller-base and seeing a resultant downtick in buyer interest, since those who opted into these services can't necessarily handle 100% of the demand for their categories.

If you ask me, both 📢Promoted Gigs and 💵 Seller Plus should probably be tossed in favor of making the extremely important (yet woefully underdiscussed) "search feature" more intuitive, equitable, and friendly toward upwardly-mobility.

*gets off soapbox and stores it in a bigger soapbox for safekeeping 📦*

Thank you so much.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2023 at 1:33 AM, themarineiguana said:

📢Promoted Gigs are even rougher, because it's less obvious how much bang you're getting for a less obvious minimum monetary investment........

Thanks a lot for this information. 

• Like 15
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2023 at 7:56 AM, fastcopywriter said:

This month, July, I spent $4.94 and got $50 in sales.

Sadly, my gigs are no longer "promotable." 

Thank you so much for sharing this information. Some sellers on this forum also shared that their gig performance got disturbed after promotion.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Which Gigs can be promoted?

To ensure a quality ad experience for buyers, only sellers who meet all our quality metrics can participate in this program. 

You are evaluated for Promoted Gig participation eligibility according to the following standards:

• You are a Level 1 Seller, a Level 2 Seller, a Top Rated Seller, or a Pro seller
  • Your Gig scores are 4.7 in the public rating
  • Your Gig has at least 20 reviews. Pro Gigs require only 5 reviews
  • You meet additional quality metrics

All services are eligible, excluding: 

• The Legal Consulting service category entirely
  • Tax Consulting services from the Financial Consulting service category
  • Accounting & Bookkeeping services from the Financial Consulting service category
  • The Legal Writing service category entirely

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017729338-Promoted-Gigs?segment=seller

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

You Must have to follow below perks in your gig:

You are a Level 1 Seller, a Level 2 Seller, a Top Rated Seller, or a Pro seller
Your Gig scores are 4.7 in the public rating
Your Gig has at least 20 reviews. Pro Gigs require only 5 reviews

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, max3dmodel said:

Which Gigs can be promoted?

To ensure a quality ad experience for buyers, only sellers who meet all our quality metrics can participate in this program. 

You are evaluated for Promoted Gig participation eligibility according to the following standards:

• You are a Level 1 Seller, a Level 2 Seller, a Top Rated Seller, or a Pro seller
  • Your Gig scores are 4.7 in the public rating
  • Your Gig has at least 20 reviews. Pro Gigs require only 5 reviews
  • You meet additional quality metrics

All services are eligible, excluding: 

• The Legal Consulting service category entirely
  • Tax Consulting services from the Financial Consulting service category
  • Accounting & Bookkeeping services from the Financial Consulting service category
  • The Legal Writing service category entirely

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017729338-Promoted-Gigs?segment=seller

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sehrishirfan said:

Some sellers on this forum also shared that their gig performance got disturbed after promotion.

That's one reason some sellers advertise their gigs on Facebook and Google, very little chance of getting banned unless you're selling or doing something against TOS. 

Fiverr's Promoted Gigs is capricious. One 4-star review, one missed message, doesn't mean the seller isn't doing quality work. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2