Problems with getting new work

stagodopet1

I had a successful stride of work and clients at one point in time. But because of some external situations I could not do anything about, I stopped working for some time. Now I suspect because of that I have less and less orders. I am a level two seller currently. I am not sure, but I suppose that the date of last delivery also impacts how successful the gig is. I am having trouble setting it all up again. Does anyone have some tips for this kind of a situation.

Thanks, Pavle.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can anybody tell me how good of a decision is to upskill in video editing and try to sell here on fiverr? I would also have to invest some money in a stronger computer. I think that by now the market is probably too saturated.

Thanks.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I would say, unless you have had prior clientele that you can redirect to purchase from your Fiverr gigs, it will be quite challenging. You will be going against many sellers who have done thousands of projects and unfortunately they will be one to be prioritized in the search results (by default) when a buyer is exploring to buy a service from that category. Of course, buyers can do filters on price, seller level, etc and you may have a potential buyer reach out to you but I wouldn't bank on that to get you sales. Then you have to also consider the case on how much better you stand out from those who are also in the same place as you.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, theratypist said:

I would say, unless you have had prior clientele that you can redirect to purchase from your Fiverr gigs, it will be quite challenging. You will be going against many sellers who have done thousands of projects and unfortunately they will be one to be prioritized in the search results (by default) when a buyer is exploring to buy a service from that category. Of course, buyers can do filters on price, seller level, etc and you may have a potential buyer reach out to you but I wouldn't bank on that to get you sales. Then you have to also consider the case on how much better you stand out from those who are also in the same place as you.

Thanks, I started with gigs related to vectorization of images, logo design and visual identity, and gifs. Vectorization of images gig died out on itself, while the other ones stopped when I had to stop working because of external factors. Unfortunately I had to pause gigs for some time. After that I never regain the momentum. I guess prospective clients see projects are far and few inbetween, and that makes them uncertain about me. And I really fought hard to get to level 2 seller... Now I would like to regain the momentum but do not see the possibility to do that again...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

As a video editor myself, I would suggest if you are really interested in this field and you have already searched about the things, pros and cons, and future challenges of video editing, then you go ahead. Listen to what your heart is saying. 
It required a strong machine, graphic cards, and much more things you can search for. And a constant process of learning with room for improvement all the time. 
In the future, you will be required a bigger screen for a big and comfortable display to edit the stuff quickly.  
It can also take you time to learn the modern techniques of editing but if you are really into it. You can do it quickly and will be successful. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I personally think that either you achieve your goal or you learn something with experience. There is no loss. You can learn some amazing techniques online until you get the order. If your current system is fine for the beginning, then start from there and upgrade according to the jobs you get, but if you think you need to upgrade your computer now, then go for it. There is no harm in trying something new, and currently every market is saturated, but you can create your place with high-quality work.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone. I am not new on the platform and are a level 2 seller currently. I am having a tough time of figuring out the best time to raise gig prices. Although I know it is related to many things, like current trends that are always changing and such, and your own performance, I was curious if someone has some of his own experiences or thoughts when to up the price. To me it looks a lot like wild guessing when to do what. If someone is eager to share some personal tips, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Like 6

Hi @stagodopet1, I started offering services at $5 and $15 a gig and steadily raised prices as I got more reviews and more orders. I haven't stopped.

In the beginning, it was related to the number of reviews I had, since I knew my initial prices were very low. I increased my prices when I hit 10, 15, and 20 reviews. By the time I hit 20 reviews, I started increasing my prices based on demand. If I was starting to feel stressed and overwhelmed, my prices would increase.

Right now, I still adjust my prices based on how much I want to make per week and per order. A lot of my pricing is related to how much time I spend on each order. I don't really look at the competition because I know my prices are higher than some Top-Rated Sellers and Pros in my category (I'm also a Level 2 seller).

Note: I don't just increase my prices - I also adjust my gigs and packages to make sure that I'm offering the best level of service that I can provide.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

in my case, I thought many times to increase my gig price from 5 and 10$ to a little higher but one day Fiverr notify me to increase the gig price. And when I click on update gig price it forced me to make it not less than 30$.
I think this may be due to my previous custom orders that were most like above 30$ for a long time.

• Like 5