How Fiverr "saved" a life

sensitize

Hi Guys,

By sharing this short story I just wanted to remind you all how sometimes our decisions have an impact on our and someone’s lives.

About 2 weeks ago I was completing a gig for one of the Fiverr buyers and while delivering a file I suggested to buyer that I can do more than his client needed, just in case they were interested. At that time I was also planning to make a short holidays and go on 3-4 days trip to see and walk on mountains. It occured that buyer’s client was indeed interested in doing something more than it was initially planed, so I postponed my trip for a couple days to be able to wait for client’s decisions. And thanks to God and… Fiverr that was good that I did that. On one of the mornings while I was making my breakfast I’ve noticed a smoke comming out from apartment that is under my flat. I ran outside to check what is going on and then quickly I went back to that apartment. In that flat, in which was a fire, a young girl was sleeping… She didn’t even know that she has a fire in her flat until I had started knocking on her door and waked her up. There was a lot of smoke and we couldn’t breath but I was able to call for fire brigade and inform other neighbours about the fire and happily help came very fast and saved her apartment from burning completly.

So without having account on Fiverr and working on some gigs I would go on that trip for sure and that girl would probably die in flames or from carbon monoxide poisoning and who knows… maybe even my flat could be burnt too, so as you see small decisions can have a huge impact…

Thanks Fiverr!

Reply to @alliemadison12: exactly, I don’t even want to think what would really could happen if I wasn’t there. She went to sleep around 15 minutes earlier before I knocked to her door… Thanks to that she closed door to her room she didn’t inhale carbon monoxide much and was able to wake up.

Archived