Fiverr budget requirement

I want to say that in fiverr they should limit a budget for every client when they knock any seller. 

In fiverr lot of sellers everyday coming amd joining for work, this marketplace going very competitive for sellers. For getting work early people doing work in low budget. As a level 2 seller i am facing the issue from last year that buyers comes to us and talk with us then after hear the price they didn’t want to work with us because they get a cheap seller then me or quality worker. 

As an example i can say which work should be price in 100$ the new sellers or some people for getting work they it in 10-20$. This is my experience. As i ask or clients directly share with me why they don't want to work with me. 

As this way this market place going to be down very early for not getting a perfect percentage for their skills.

I know fiverr is trying to improve the marketplace, they limit a budget for a basic package price 80$ in gig. But when we talk with client they didn’t work with this budget and always we need to customize the price according to there design and requirement.

As 99% time sellers need to tell the price what they want to take for any work and a buyer knock so many people at the same time so when they get a low budget seller they obviously want to hire them. But as i said this way the real workers work quality will be down and people will left the marketplace day by day for not getting a good budget order so fiverr should mandatory for a client when they knock as with thier details they have to mention thier price and when they will discuss in inbox this price cannot be down rather can be increase for design requirement or depend on functionality.

In people per hour and so many others market place we can see there is a minimum price range for a category below that no one can bid or work. So something like that in fiverr Should do otherwise this marketplace going to be down very very soon.

Edited by israt_asma
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, israt_asma said:

in fiverr they should limit a budget for every client when they knock any seller. 

19 minutes ago, israt_asma said:

I know fiverr is trying to improve the marketplace, they limit a budget for a basic package price 80$ in gig. But when we talk with client they didn’t work with this budget and always we need to customize the price according to there design and requirement.

18 minutes ago, israt_asma said:

As an example i can say which work should be price in 100$ the new sellers or some people for getting work they it in 10-20$.

Hi @israt_asma! According to your logic, this won't work. You mention that Fiverr sets the minimum gig price to $80, but the sellers aren't enforcing this. So it's a seller's problem (not Fiverr's) if they agree to do $80-$100 worth of work for $10-20. No one is forcing a seller to work for such a low amount.

If a buyer isn't willing to work with your prices and asks you to do a $100 job for $10-20, they are not the buyers you should work with. Just smile and quickly send them on their happy way to work with the lower-value seller. You don't even have to negotiate. Only work with the buyers that agree to your prices (or at least close to your prices). You don't have to compete with sellers that are charging 10-20% of your rate. You do have to show your buyers that you can deliver 10X the quality of those low-value sellers and prove that you deliver exceptional value for the services you provide, to justify your prices.

There are buyers and sellers in every budget range. As a buyer, I've hired a web designer that charges 4-5 times your $80 rate. I didn't even consider working with a web designer in the $10-20 range. As a seller, I found that buyers with higher budgets are much more enjoyable to work with. It's not worth the headache of doing business with buyers who don't respect my prices or try to negotiate steep discounts.

11 minutes ago, israt_asma said:

As a level 2 seller i am facing the issue from last year that buyers comes to us and talk with us then after hear the price they didn’t want to work with us

Unfortunately, we do have to part ways with some of our past buyers. Last year as a newbie seller, I was offering resumes for $15 a piece and this year, my average resume costs $245. The quality of my services has significantly increased and as a result, I've raised all of my prices on my gigs. So not many of my old buyers are willing to work with me. However, I've picked up newer buyers who are okay with my higher prices. So even though I get less orders, I make more.

@smashradio wrote a great guide on seller levels and what you should focus on at each stage of your business. I think you'll find this article helpful. As you level up as a seller, your business should also evolve. You shouldn't operate your Level 2 business the same way as your Level 1 business. You can read more about this here:

• Like 2
  • Up 1

I know about this, but there is some facts. When any client knock you and they don't make order It's down your gig's value. And It's true the appropriate budget buyers if we work we enjoy and the quality of work always possible to do best. 

Other thing is people never share first what's their budget. As a seller or buyer both term i hope you know. 99% clients knock some sellers and they talk about there needs then ask to sellers for price range. There is also some part that, most of time the client’s not even reply after hear the price from seller. We do knock for update then few days later sometimes they share that they found someone in a lower price. So they can simply tell us without avoiding. Or they can share first what is there budget limitations, i know it is not possible to say bcz if client gets a lower budget seller that is thier benefit. 

Fiverr simply can set up for a service in a category what should be the minimum price. In people per hour you can see this function so it keeps both side balance for a market place. 

• Like 1