Customer had 2 revisions but made nearly 18 revisions.

yuossf_alaa

Question

As The title said, this customer sent me requirements for an app and once I accepted the order and after working for a month he started comparing the delivery to a different requirement demo that have nearly 3x the work in the original requirement and I can't cancel the order because I really worked hard for it, but I can't work like a slave for more than 3 months, and now that I literally finished all the requirement, he is waiting for his customer from Upwork to accept the project then he will accept the delivery.

THE BIGGEST problem is that he had only 2 revisions, but he keeps forcing a new revision each time I make a delivery and I can't stop him, he is using the corrupted system to abuse me for three months I couldn't take any new orders, I ran out of money, and it seems that he will ask for new things.

• Like 12
  • Sad 3

4 answers to this question

You can try their customer service but I don't think they will help you because they usually think the customer is always right. Therefore, the customer uses it until the customer is satisfied with the revision.

• Like 14

I am experiencing the same issue with a Buyer. I am a level 2 seller with over fifty 5-star reviews and this buyer is abusing the system to get free work. I allow for two revisions and he has rejected up to 6 already. Upon further research of the company that he represents, we found multiple negative reviews on Google and other platforms from freelancers that he has never paid them after the work is completed. If Buyers know that Fiverr will not payout unless the deliverable is accepted, than some of them will abuse the system and freelancers will lose out on the pay for their hours invested in the project. This is especially hard on those that provide services that are not tangible items (example Google ads management, conversion tracking, Analytic reports, web audits, web design, etc). What safety measures are in place so that Sellers are not ripped off from shady and deceptive buyers? it seems that there is none. Very disappointed in the experience this has caused. 

• Like 13

10 hours ago, williecampos78 said:

I am experiencing the same issue with a Buyer. I am a level 2 seller with over fifty 5-star reviews and this buyer is abusing the system to get free work. I allow for two revisions and he has rejected up to 6 already. Upon further research of the company that he represents, we found multiple negative reviews on Google and other platforms from freelancers that he has never paid them after the work is completed. If Buyers know that Fiverr will not payout unless the deliverable is accepted, than some of them will abuse the system and freelancers will lose out on the pay for their hours invested in the project. This is especially hard on those that provide services that are not tangible items (example Google ads management, conversion tracking, Analytic reports, web audits, web design, etc). What safety measures are in place so that Sellers are not ripped off from shady and deceptive buyers? it seems that there is none. Very disappointed in the experience this has caused. 

I have a 10 000 word, 20 page terms and conditions before purchasing my gigs, if I sense that a customer is going to be tricky, from the first conversation, I politely introduce the document to them, that really quickly filters out the abusers, mostly they will stop replying at all. 2 days later I block them. I am very strict with who I work with, I produce high quality for customers who are looking for it and have a genuine interest in the product.  

• Like 13

Fiverr customer support has to do a better job in protecting Sellers from buyers that are dishonest and abuse the system.  Customer support does nothing even after providing proof that the buyer requested revisions just to cancel after the services have been completed and that they use multiple profiles (usernames) and have done the same to other freelancers. Very disappointed in the support given even to a seller that has over 130 orders with not one single issue. 

Buyers abuse the system for free work and the Seller is the one that loses time and money.

• Like 7