Buyer wants to use a particular image from Shutterstock. Unable to include it. Please help.

shaileshputhran

Question

Buyer wants to use a particular image from shutterstock.
https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/colorful-kraken-e-sports-logo-1959282691

I don't know how to use this image from our Fiverr Integrated Shutterstock media. 

I tried searching it in Fiverr integrated shutterstock section.  But I couldn't find. I don't know the exact keyword to search to get this image. 

Can anyone please guide?

• Like 6

4 answers to this question

One of my buyer has ordered my gig of image vectorization. This is the image. The buyer asks me to vectorize this image for him.
I can definitely vectorize this image but the image has "Shutterstock" watermark on it. 

So if I vectorize this image will I fall into trouble? Is it against fiverr TOS to vectorize copyright images?

Kraken.png

• Like 6

Fiverr's Shutterstock library is limited to fewer images and videos. You can politely ask the buyer to share the image by purchasing it. 

Did you discuss this before starting the order that the buyer will need to purchase any premium image if required?

• Like 7

On 6/15/2023 at 8:31 AM, shaileshputhran said:

So if I vectorize this image will I fall into trouble? Is it against fiverr TOS to vectorize copyright images?

Yes it would be copyright infringement if the buyer doesn't have the rights to do that.

He also hasn't purchased the stock item so it's also similar to watermark removal (which I'm sure Fiverr also doesn't allow) - and he'd be using the image (in vector form) without purchasing the rights.

If he bought the image from that site (or you could use Fiverr's stock image option and were able to find it then that has a .eps vector version of it. But his use of it would need to be okay with the rights Fiverr lists for them at https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/8388315006353-Shutterstock-License-Terms--conditions?segment=seller

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6