You’re compliant with W-9 U.S.

wasayarif

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi Wasayarif, you received that email because you checked "not a US person".  Fiverr should have a better, less confusing message for members who do not need to fill out a W-9.   I've been having problems getting my W-9 "verified" for two weeks.  One of the ways I tried to toggle the system was to simply check the "not a US person", and within minutes, I received the same email you did.  Prior to filling out Fiverr's W-9, I was issued an EIN (employer identification number) by the US IRS, and even called the IRS a few days later to verify/confirm it was in their system, but Fiverr's third party support (Zendesk) is no help at all--the W-9 form here on Fiverr will not allow me to click to the next page.  It says my name or EIN "could not be verified by US tax authorities."  I've attempted to complete the form over a dozen times, each time filling in the correct information.  And each time adding notes to my support ticket, and getting the same useless advice from a different Zendesk employee. Clearly, Fiverr has a problem in their system...

• Like 7