compensate after order completion

jathura

Question

Hi! I delivered my work to the client, but he didn't check and after 3 days it was showing the order completed. before then the client asked me to add some additional work he said he will compensate but the order is completed.  So how will he compensate because the old order payment is processing?

• Like 15

8 answers to this question

You can send them a custom offer to start a new order. Otherwise, They can add Tip, but it would be better if you discuss sending them a custom offer. 

They can still add their feedback and Tip within 10 days of completion even if it is auto completed. 

Edited by shopifort
  • Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shopifort said:

You can send them a custom offer to start a new order.

⬆️ This is the best way to handle it.

3 hours ago, shopifort said:

They can add Tip

LIke @shopifort, I don't recommend this option. There's no guarantee that a buyer will tip. A new, custom offer ensures you will be compensated for your work.

• Like 10
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jathura said:

Hi! I delivered my work to the client, but he didn't check and after 3 days it was showing the order completed. before then the client asked me to add some additional work he said he will compensate but the order is completed.  So how will he compensate because the old order payment is processing?

Compensate does not guarantee anything and could possibly even violate Fiverr's rules....

Recommend sending an offer so that everything is documented and it is the procedure that Fiverr wants.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, vickieito said:

⬆️ This is the best way to handle it.

LIke @shopifort, I don't recommend this option. There's no guarantee that a buyer will tip. A new, custom offer ensures you will be compensated for your work.

I am agreed on that. The tip is not that reliable and I am not sure if is violates TOS or not.  Like if its not a violation then we can use it for those clients who regularly hire you.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, shopifort said:

Like if its not a violation then we can use it for those clients who regularly hire you.

I still wouldn't use tips in that manner. Just let the tip be what it is - an extra bonus for doing a great job.

Tips don't allow you to have order requirements or protection, so even for repeat buyers, just use the custom offers. Repeat buyers should be more than happy to place another order to cover the extra work, and all of the requirements will also be attached to the offer.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

On 6/14/2023 at 1:31 AM, vickieito said:

I still wouldn't use tips in that manner. Just let the tip be what it is - an extra bonus for doing a great job.

Tips don't allow you to have order requirements or protection, so even for repeat buyers, just use the custom offers. Repeat buyers should be more than happy to place another order to cover the extra work, and all of the requirements will also be attached to the offer.

Sounds Good. Thank you for the clarification. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1