Fiverr declined compensation following fraudulent behavior from the buyer.

The buyer tried to cancel the order after the work was completed. I delivered the projects, but he keeps rejecting them and providing fake revisions. In the revision descriptions, he simply wrote phrases like "won't accept" or "don't like," without providing any actual revisions or specific changes. Despite stating that I would only offer a maximum of 10 revisions, there were 18 revisions requested, and I delivered the same projects each time as there were no actual revisions provided.

The buyer also contacted support to cancel the order, and it appears that support is being unfair by canceling the order and accusing me of misusing the delivery button. However, I was forced to deliver because if I didn't, the buyer could find another excuse to cancel the order. I specifically informed the buyer not to provide fake revisions, but he did not listen.

Furthermore, the buyer has called me a thief, a liar, and disrespected me in several sentences. I am unsure if Fiverr takes any actions against him. I have reported this issue to Fiverr support, but it seems they don't really care. I have also provided evidence to Fiverr to prove that I delivered the projects because the buyer refused to even look at it.

I asked for the compensation. Here is the screenshot of the last message of  fiverr CS .

image.png.2fafcec6562f2da0e74497f8e1a379b3.pngreenshot.

• Like 4

The CS told me I had not made any edit. How the hell I do the edit if the buyer don't give me any edit at all. This is just utterly  ridiculous customer service. Every things is there they just denied it. 

image.png

Edited by addison007
  • Like 3

You said you delivered the same project each time without doing anything else on it, because the buyer kept complaining without explaining what they wanted to be edited or improved. I think that forwarding a paid revision request was the real mistake there; while they asked for more than 10 revisions, you didn't actually do over 10 modifications (due to the lack of information on buyer's side). The CS most likely saw this as a not-so-legit behavior from you, reason why the agent told you there was no modified work and that is why they can't help you.

I would have contacted the CS before the client could initiate a cancellation request, explaining the situation and asking for advice. You esentially found yourself in the wrong position, even if this specific buyer is clearly unprofessional and a pain to work with.

• Like 4

On 6/9/2023 at 10:15 AM, nika_3dartist said:

You said you delivered the same project each time without doing anything else on it, because the buyer kept complaining without explaining what they wanted to be edited or improved. I think that forwarding a paid revision request was the real mistake there; while they asked for more than 10 revisions, you didn't actually do over 10 modifications (due to the lack of information on buyer's side). The CS most likely saw this as a not-so-legit behavior from you, reason why the agent told you there was no modified work and that is why they can't help you.

I would have contacted the CS before the client could initiate a cancellation request, explaining the situation and asking for advice. You esentially found yourself in the wrong position, even if this specific buyer is clearly unprofessional and a pain to work with.

Seems some buyers are simply unscrupulous and are looking for unsuspecting sellers. It's not right. Seller should provide quality work and buyers should be willing to release compensation for said work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, webdev_haven said:

Seller should provide quality work

The thing is, the work was delivered off-site in the case of this OP. The delivery button was not used properly to show proof, at least that's what the customer support person said. So you can see why everything has to be done via Fiverr, as otherwise you can't receive compensation in case anything is wrong.

• Like 3