gigs had been removed from search

smallsparrow24

Question

18 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, smallsparrow24 said:

But gig promotion option is back. Is it a good sign?

Gig promotion being back is a good sign, yes. 

Your visibility on Fiverr is based on your performance (and that of your competitors).

If you do a good job and sell well, Fiverr will reward you with more visibility.

If you do a bad job and get negative private reviews or have your stats drop too low, you'll disappear from search, lose access to promoted gigs, and so on. 

The idea is to put the best sellers who deliver the best value to buyers front and center. 

So, getting promoted gigs back could mean your buyer satisfaction has gone back up (or other stats if they dropped recently). 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 18
  • Up 2

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Gig promotion being back is a good sign, yes. 

Your visibility on Fiverr is based on your performance (and that of your competitors).

If you do a good job and sell well, Fiverr will reward you with more visibility.

If you do a bad job and get negative private reviews or have your stats drop too low, you'll disappear from search, lose access to promoted gigs, and so on. 

The idea is to put the best sellers who deliver the best value to buyers front and center. 

So, getting promoted gigs back could mean your buyer satisfaction has gone back up (or other stats if they dropped recently). 

Thank you soo much. But I think there was also another factor, My account remained unavailable for 10 days and I was not aware of that.

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, smallsparrow24 said:

Thank you soo much. But I think there was also another factor, My account remained unavailable for 10 days and I was not aware of that.

Bummer! 

I often go Unavailable for a few days, and it can take a bit of time to get back into it, but I never lost access to promoted gigs because of it, so my bet is that you got a negative private review, had late deliveries or some other factor like that. 

Ensure you do an extra good job with your buyers, under-promise and over-deliver, and always be 100% sure that you understand what the buyer needs before starting. Always ask questions if in doubt and keep your buyers updated. Deliver early if you can. That helps increase buyer satisfaction! Remember, the public star rating means way less than the private reviews you get, so you want to make sure your buyers feel safe, updated, and in the end, super-happy with their deliveries. 🙂 

• Like 15
  • Up 1

4 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Bummer! 

I often go Unavailable for a few days, and it can take a bit of time to get back into it, but I never lost access to promoted gigs because of it, so my bet is that you got a negative private review, had late deliveries or some other factor like that. 

Ensure you do an extra good job with your buyers, under-promise and over-deliver, and always be 100% sure that you understand what the buyer needs before starting. Always ask questions if in doubt and keep your buyers updated. Deliver early if you can. That helps increase buyer satisfaction! Remember, the public star rating means way less than the private reviews you get, so you want to make sure your buyers feel safe, updated, and in the end, super-happy with their deliveries. 🙂 

I exactly do this, I keep updating buyers, I even do a free sample before order. But one month ago, I got an unusuall client, she placed direct order. I did the work and before or after order she did not say a word, not even on asking. instead she give me a bad review. Usually when clients are not satisfied with work, they ask for a revision, but she did not.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

Just now, smallsparrow24 said:

I exactly do this, I keep updating buyers, I even do a free sample before order. But one month ago, I got an unusuall client, she placed direct order. I did the work and before or after order she did not say a word, not even on asking. instead she give me a bad review. Usually when clients are not satisfied with work, they ask for a revision, but she did not.

I would avoid free samples. It makes you look desperate and might attract buyers looking for desperate people to push around. Unfortunately, these things happen sometimes. Luckily, you can work your way out of it again. 

• Like 16

Just now, smashradio said:

I would avoid free samples. It makes you look desperate and might attract buyers looking for desperate people to push around. Unfortunately, these things happen sometimes. Luckily, you can work your way out of it again. 

I do samples for those who are new on fiverr and confused and I always send it with watermark.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, smallsparrow24 said:

I do samples for those who are new on fiverr and confused and I always send it with watermark.

I get that, but in my experience, that shows the buyer that you're willing to sit down and spend time on their project without getting paid for it. There's a difference between sending them previous work samples and spending time on their project before you have an order. 🙂 Anyway, it's up to you how you want to do business, but that's my experience. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 15

45 minutes ago, smallsparrow24 said:

Recently I shared an issue regarding removal of gigs from search. Gig promotion option was also disabled. Now its been almost 2 weeks of being de ranked. But gig promotion option is back. Is it a good sign?

I've got this exact same issue since yesterday. My 3 promoted gigs all of a sudden stoped being able to be promoted and when I search for them as a buyer, word by word, none of them show up even in the bottom of last page. Did you got another order meanwhile to get your ability to promote again?

• Like 12
  • Sad 4

On 6/4/2023 at 7:06 PM, smashradio said:

I get that, but in my experience, that shows the buyer that you're willing to sit down and spend time on their project without getting paid for it. There's a difference between sending them previous work samples and spending time on their project before you have an order. 🙂 Anyway, it's up to you how you want to do business, but that's my experience. 

My gigs are back. Now I am doing Great, Receiving orders. All praise to GOD. I think this was due to unavailable status on my account.

• Like 13

Hi... I facing same issue related to profile, My overall profile has out of fiverr search. I was getting orders through promoted gig option when unfortunately some clients cancelled two orders in a week, and now my whole profile can't shows in the search with promoted gig option also stopped to working. Now I have not any single order since last 65 days. please some one guide me about this problem and to recover my profile. I am offering SEO services on fiverr.
Thank you

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2023 at 4:14 PM, joaomaia7 said:

I've got this exact same issue since yesterday. My 3 promoted gigs all of a sudden stoped being able to be promoted and when I search for them as a buyer, word by word, none of them show up even in the bottom of last page. Did you got another order meanwhile to get your ability to promote again?

there is nothing we can do,only wait,this algorithm is unstable in this aspect.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, lacroix88 said:

there is nothing we can do,only wait,this algorithm is unstable in this aspect.

Yeah from what I read here in the forum and elsewhere it will be 30 days minimum. And supposedly comes from bad internal review from first time buyers, which will probably me thinking twice about getting orders from first time buyers in the future.

• Like 9

On 6/4/2023 at 7:14 PM, joaomaia7 said:

promote your gigs on social media.

• Like 9