Buyer Responding very late

hajra_sidd

Question

Hi is there anyone who can help me 
I got one order from a buyer on 23/05/2023, now the issue is I have added unlimited revision but the buyer responded very late I have delivered 4 deliveries but the buyer keeps asking for changes this is affecting my rating, every time he gives new changes 😞 what to do?

• Like 19

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, hajra_sidd said:

Hi is there anyone who can help me 
I got one order from a buyer on 23/05/2023, now the issue is I have added unlimited revision but the buyer responded very late I have delivered 4 deliveries but the buyer keeps asking for changes this is affecting my rating, every time he gives new changes 😞 what to do?

Hey! 

If your original delivery was before the deadline, it will still count as an on-time delivery. Don't worry about it showing up as late, as long as you delivered the first round in time. 

What kind of changes is the buyer asking for? Could it be considered additional work or changes to the work you've already done? If the buyer asks for more work than what was initially described in your gig description or custom offer, you can (and should) charge extra. 

If you decide to stand your ground and charge for it, I recommend politely explaining to the buyer that a revision is meant to be small changes, not a change in the scope of the order. 

Example: 

A buyer orders a website. You design it, and they're happy with it but ask you to make the font slightly bigger. That could be considered a small change. 

On the other hand, if the buyer asks you to design four new pages with content beyond what you already agreed upon, that's not a revision: that's a change in the scope of your order. In that case, you should charge for it. 

And never offer unlimited revisions. Why would you want to work for free? I think offering one or two free revisions with every order is fine, but unlimited? You could be working with this buyer until 2030, and they can still keep asking for little changes. Not a position you want to be in. 

It's hard to give you better advice without knowing more about the project and what the buyer is asking for, but I hope this helps. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 18
  • Up 4

6 hours ago, smashradio said:

And never offer unlimited revisions. Why would you want to work for free? I think offering one or two free revisions with every order is fine, but unlimited? You could be working with this buyer until 2030, and they can still keep asking for little changes. Not a position you want to be in. 

Very Important to us. 🙂

• Like 15

6 hours ago, smashradio said:

If your original delivery was before the deadline, it will still count as an on-time delivery. Don't worry about it showing up as late, as long as you delivered the first round in time. 

Noted for delivery timeline. 🙂

• Like 14

1 hour ago, hey_webdesign said:

@smashradio Very helpful answer And help to solve this issue. What should we do if the buyer forces us to do changes more than revisions and if not leaves negative feedback for us?

Like @newsmike often says: if you visit a restaurant, they're more than happy to give you anything you want, but they'll put it on your bill. They won't give you a free lunch just because you might leave a bad review. 

My advice is to stand your ground. Make sure to explain the project in detail and that you're on the same page before the work begins. If you've already done that, and the buyer asks for changes that are not included, you should simply tell the buyer in a polite manner that what they're asking for is beyond the scope of your original order, that you're happy to do it, and that it comes with an extra charge because you're doing more work than what was initially agreed upon. 

Stop being so afraid of negative reviews. I've always stood my ground, and out of more than 1000 reviews, I received one negative review because I refused to work for free. I stand by that decision. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hey_webdesign said:

What should we do if the buyer forces us to do changes more than revisions

@smashradio  This attitude continues to baffle me beyond belief. It is as if everyone here is somehow unable to stand up for themselves. I can't imagine thinking that someone could force me to do anything.  

• Like 16

On 5/31/2023 at 7:06 PM, hey_webdesign said:

@smashradio Very helpful answer And help to solve this issue. What should we do if the buyer forces us to do changes more than revisions and if not leaves negative feedback for us?

My buyer did the same. He accepted the offer for 2 revision but after that he gave revision in chat section, after 6 revision I finally asked "is this the final revision? let me know if this the last revision, I will share my final pdf". After submitting final pdf, he accepted the order after 3 days which cause me to get my payments late. And he didn't give any rating or review. 

• Like 7

You should list the things that you have done as per the job scope and educate the buyer that what they are asking is out of the job scope, If the buyer understands this and this is good else you need to contact with Fiverr support team and ask for the resolution.

• Like 5

On 6/14/2023 at 12:37 PM, abdheshkjha said:

You should list the things that you have done as per the job scope and educate the buyer that what they are asking is out of the job scope, If the buyer understands this and this is good else you need to contact with Fiverr support team and ask for the resolution.

He gave changes one by one after every submission. Late reply. We'll finally he accepted the order. I checked fiverr support but I haven't seen the any option where is this option

• Like 4