The actual client versus the fictitious client

ileen_v

Question

As a newbie, it's a good thing that I've gotten messages from clients, but sadly, the majority of them preferred not to transact with me directly on the Fiverr platform. This has left me with zero orders, so I'm not sure why I haven't received any notifications from any real clients. Help me😭😢😭

• Like 10

3 answers to this question

Hi @ileen_v, I see even top-rated sellers getting a crazy amount of spam every day, so it's not just you. Just mark those messages as spam as quickly as possible so they don't waste too much of your time. When I was a newbie, I received a lot of spam each day, especially on my data entry gig. I found out that it was because I had my services listed really low. Once I increased my prices (and increased the quality of my gig images so that I could command higher prices), I started to receive less spam. I don't even call my data entry gig "data entry" anymore. I call it "Internal Documents" and I do higher-level data entry and admin work (research MLA/APA style, grant writing, curriculum alignment, internal business document updates, etc).

During your early days as a newbie, use this downtime to create compelling and high-quality portfolio samples that can show your buyers what you can do. If scammers and spammers are finding you, that means buyers will be able to find you as well. And when they do, hopefully you are ready with a great-looking profile! 😊

• Like 13

Greetings, Vickie. I appreciate your time and effort in responding to my questions. Sincerely, I have a very low price because I assumed the client would also consider it. Additionally, the impression and clicks improved after I improved the images, title, and description. I'll look over everything you mentioned, especially the price. once again. Many thanks

• Like 11

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

Once I increased my prices (and increased the quality of my gig images so that I could command higher prices), I started to receive less spam.

Another case happens to me.

Because of huge gigs impression increase... i receive lots of spam.

1-3 spam /day FROM fellow SELLER asking for jobs. It's from that 3 country  that start with "Hi Sir..."

Fiverr need to solve this problem.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2