"Fiverr Gig de-Ranking: Have you experienced de-ranking without violation?"

freelance_hive

"Fiverr Gig de-Ranking: Have you experienced de-ranking without violation?"  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced situations where your Fiverr gigs are de-ranked without any apparent violation?

Question

20 answers to this question

Just now, freelance_hive said:

That is sad. I hope Fiverr can figure it out and give response to these type of Quries. 

Unfortunately CS does not help when this happens. All one can do at this point is wait and pray for the algorithm to have mercy on your profile and gigs.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, mohd_bilal said:

Not only de ranked but also removed from search yet again 🙂

8 minutes ago, freelance_hive said:

Do you think they will restore the gigs?

6 minutes ago, xotatech said:

I hope so. But you know, it is an algorithm. We can not say about it. 

Don't wait fiverr give you free traffic again, as you don't know when this will happen. Promote your services with any type of advertising as to solve the problem. Example: using Facebook ads.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mohd_bilal said:

running ads are against the rules? How come? 

no all ads.

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Which just like Google ads are against the rules 🙂

false information! read well the rules!

I suggest checking the terms of service again. It's clearly stated there. If you can't use Google Ads, pretty sure that also means Facebook and other advertising services.

1.jpg

Nope... advertising on Facebook and other social networks is not against Fiverr TOS, I suggest you to read well the rules... this was confirmed to me by Fiverr CS and from manager shift, I add proofs,  4 screenshots,  3 are from CS and 1 from manager shift where they confirmed that you can promote services via social networks.

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 14.33.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 14.33.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 14.35.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 14.37.00 PM.png

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, venonusa said:

false information! read well the rules!

I did.

What the customer support team said involves SHARING your gigs on social media.

Using Google Ads or any other specialized advertising service is not permitted 🙂 if you do that (aside from breaking the rules), you're advertising Fiverr and not your link. They already handled that because a lot of people tried to do this. So yeah, I read the terms of service and know those terms very well. 

Your images clearly state SHARING. Of course you are allowed to share, but you were talking about paid advertising, which is obviously something else. It would give an unfair advantage and make the Fiverr algorithm obsolete if people cheat and promote their gigs via paying. Why do you think Fiverr has their own Promoted Gigs service to make money from it, so you can pay that money to Google or Facebook? Clearly if Fiverr has a paid advertising service, they don't want you to use competitors.

Paid advertising is against the TOS. And that's what I was talking about. The customer support person told you sharing on social media is ok. They didn't say running paid ads is ok, and you were refering to paid ads in your post. 

Again, do what you will. But don't state I am spreading false information when I clearly backed my post with a screenshot from the Terms of Service. Those images you attached just show customer support agrees with people sharing their gigs on social media. However, nothing states you are allowed to use Google or Facebook/Instagram/whatever social media paid advertising service.

As I said, don't take it the wrong way, I am just stating what I know from the terms of service. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

What the customer support team said involves SHARING your gigs on social media.

Nope! Fiverr customer support say:  "Promote" , "Advertise"  , "outside Fiverr" ... are you sure you see my screenshots?

I didn't have time to find the other messages, where Fiverr customer service was talking about Facebook and instagram ads but you can ask to your Fiverr manager about it.

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 16.06.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 16.06.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 16.06.10 PM.png

Edited by venonusa
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Why do you think Fiverr has their own Promoted Gigs service to make money from it, so you can pay that money to Google or Facebook? Clearly if Fiverr has a paid advertising service, they don't want you to use competitors.

this is a good question... I asked it to Fiverr team... they said that their ads work based on performance and therefore to use external social networks ads when this feature is not active...

it makes no sense for me, they could have more revenue from ads... instead they recommend using external advertising via social networks ads.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, venonusa said:

"Promote" , "Advertise"  , "outside Fiverr"

That doesn't mean PAID ADS.  Which I was referring to. They clearly said sharing. Check those screenshots again and you will see, they only say promote on social media, share, etc. That's because they encourage you to share your gigs via your social media accounts. They don't agree with paid advertising programs. Clearly.. check the terms of service, do you think if they don't accept Google paid ads they accept Facebook/Instagram or social ads? They are not ok with paid ads because Fiverr already has a paid ads service. There's a reason why they clearly state in the TOS they are not ok with Google Ads in the first place. 

But as I said, that's my opinion based on my research and what I know about the terms of service. Feel free to disagree, however don't say I am sharing misinformation, because that's not the case. That's all. It's better to just end it here.

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, venonusa said:

it makes no sense for me, they could have more revenue from ads... instead they recommend using external advertising via social networks ads.

They don't 🙂 You misunderstood what the customer support person told you... It's ok to share. They don't agree with, nor do they accept Google or any social media paid advertising programs. They have their own program so obviously if they catch you with external programs, you will be in trouble.

But you do you. I don't even share my gigs on social because I feel it's a waste of time. 

• Like 7

This idea of removing people's gigs from search doesn't cut it anymore. Maybe the algorithm should be reworked. There are people who have paid their dues here and deserve to be treated as such. They shouldn't be complaining about their gigs being removed from search. Till this moment, none of my gigs appears on search even though they are "active". 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, glow_writer said:

This idea of removing people's gigs from search doesn't cut it anymore. Maybe the algorithm should be reworked. There are people who have paid their dues here and deserve to be treated as such. They shouldn't be complaining about their gigs being removed from search. Till this moment, none of my gigs appears on search even though they are "active". 

How long have your gigs been unavailable?

• Like 6