Order Gig Extra Amount Refund by Buyer

noah_ethan_cti

Question

Hi 

I have booked an order of guidance to perform forensic/root cause analysis on a forensic case study and I was in conversation with client for 3-4 days before booking an order. When I started guiding client over zoom client was unable to understand due to less technical knowledge at her end and she asked me to perform the forensic and root cause analysis and I told her that I dont commit as analysis will usually take and you should have told me earlier. She said I will pay you more but I still said your assignment deadline is short and I cant be 100% sure that it will complete and it's worth 9.9 GB to disk images to analyze. I unfortunately created an offer for her as Gig extra of $100 and forget to withdraw off and she accepted late when I have already book another order with another client. Long story short Order was partially completed due to few technical issues which are not both of our faults and analysis was taking too long as data is huge. Now as a good will I told her that I will pay you $80 from Gig Extra after fiverr deduction as soon as fiverr cleared it but she insist on getting $100 which I initially declined but later I have to agree with $20 loss on my end. I told her wait 14 days and I will transfer you the money via Payoneer but she insisted me to send via Wise which costs me extra in transferring. Now she is saying that it will get late and now I am going to ask for refund through fiverr. Now I have concerns that I am going to lose all the money for that order if she requested through fiverr and it will affect my profile and affect my order completion rate. Please guide what to do

• Like 5

2 answers to this question

I believe that you have taken a misguided approach from the start. If it is still possible, you should consider canceling the order through Fiverr and assume full responsibility for the consequences. Let this be a valuable learning experience, and in the future, take your time when taking orders. While it may be tempting, it is crucial to objectively assess whether you can deliver what the client desires or not.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, easd41 said:

I believe that you have taken a misguided approach from the start. If it is still possible, you should consider canceling the order through Fiverr and assume full responsibility for the consequences. Let this be a valuable learning experience, and in the future, take your time when taking orders. While it may be tempting, it is crucial to objectively assess whether you can deliver what the client desires or not.

Thanks but mistake was already done now how it can be corrected

• Like 3