What are the best platforms for E-Commerce websites?

Asaf.A

It depends on the need, budget, and situation, 
Also, it depends on the industry or target market whether it is in B2B OR B2C.
though there are mostly used e-commerce platforms,

1. woo-commerce
2. Shopify
3. Bigcommerce
4. Magento

Thats all.

• Like 20

Allow me to offer my perspective.

As a web developer, I have worked with various e-commerce platforms to set up or customize online stores for my clients. In my experience, Shopify is one of the most popular and reliable platforms that provides a complete solution for setting up an online store. With its user-friendly interface, powerful tools, and integrations with popular payment gateways, Shopify makes it easy to get started with e-commerce.

Another platform I have worked with is WooCommerce, which is an e-commerce plugin for WordPress. It allows users to turn their WordPress website into an online store and offers a range of features and extensions that make it highly customizable.

For larger businesses with a high volume of products and transactions, Magento is a popular choice. This open-source e-commerce platform provides a highly scalable and flexible solution for online businesses.

BigCommerce is a cloud-based e-commerce platform that I have also used for online businesses. It offers a range of features, including a mobile-responsive design, multi-channel selling, and SEO tools, making it a popular choice for many businesses.

Finally, Squarespace is a website builder that I have found to be ideal for small businesses that need a simple and easy-to-use platform to set up an online store.

Each platform has its own unique features and benefits, and the best platform for your online store will depend on your specific needs and preferences. However, from my experience, Shopify stands out as a popular and reliable platform that provides a complete solution for setting up an online store. Whether you're a small business or a large enterprise, Shopify's user-friendly interface, powerful tools, and integrations with popular payment gateways make it a great choice for e-commerce.

What are your thoughts on this?

• Like 23

let me tell you best option . it should be custom made solutions using mvc framework . Initially it will be little costly but in the long run it will give you best results. All the existing ecommerce platform have scalability issue . Initially when your store is small these platform works well but issues arises when your customer base increases .These software's comes with crappy unrequired code which loads whether you need it or not . And custom made solution on these software have there own set of issues . Major issues appears when these software keeps upgrading and breaks existing solutions   . Believe me in the beginning it looks good but when you have business' running heavily  and  everything working well for you , these upgrade will make your life hell . 

• Like 20

10 hours ago, naveenonwork said:

let me tell you best option . it should be custom made solutions using mvc framework . Initially it will be little costly but in the long run it will give you best results. All the existing ecommerce platform have scalability issue . Initially when your store is small these platform works well but issues arises when your customer base increases .These software's comes with crappy unrequired code which loads whether you need it or not . And custom made solution on these software have there own set of issues . Major issues appears when these software keeps upgrading and breaks existing solutions   . Believe me in the beginning it looks good but when you have business' running heavily  and  everything working well for you , these upgrade will make your life hell . 

I completely agree with you that scalability is a crucial factor when it comes to choosing an eCommerce platform. However, I think that this issue can be solved with existing platforms as well. One advantage of using an existing platform is that it saves a lot of time and effort that would otherwise be spent on development. These platforms have already gone through extensive testing and have proven themselves to be effective.

Furthermore, if there's a need for additional features in the future, you can easily utilize the apps feature that comes with the platform. Instead of developing from scratch, you can have it instantly, and it will work seamlessly with the existing platform. This is a great way to save time and money while also ensuring that your eCommerce store stays up-to-date and competitive.

The only downside that I see with using an existing platform is that you'll have to live with unrequired extra code. However, you can minimize this by only installing the needed apps. By doing this, you can make sure that your eCommerce platform is lean and efficient, without any unnecessary code. In other words,  while there may be some downsides, such as extra code, these can be minimized by taking a strategic approach to app installation.

• Like 21