I tweaked my gig and wish I didn't

sab_jonas

Question

My gig had a steady number of impressions and few clicks for more than three months before I edited it a week ago, and it was suddenly pulled from the search results for more than ten days. I looked it up, and it appears that when you drastically edit or tweak your gig, it is subject to a manual review process, but I'm not sure how long it will take.

What are your thoughts?

• Like 5

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, sab_jonas said:

What are your thoughts?

Why did you edit your gigs and what changes did you make?

As long as there's a good reason for editing your gigs, you should be fine. I always make edits to my gigs whenever I need to, and if I'm doing great (as you were doing), I don't make any changes unless it's to bump up the price so that I can get less orders.

I noticed your 1 review was for thumbnail design, but your only gig available right now is for Arabic-English translations. That might be the reason for your decreased visibility. You removed the only gig that you had an order/review on.

• Like 4

I updated my gig because there were some flaws in the description, thumbnail, tags, etc.

My "Thumbnail design gig" was created about 8 months ago. I was new to the platform and didn't want to work in that field simply to understand how the platform works, and then switch to my field of expertise. I only want to make sure that my gig will not lose visibility for a long time. That's all.

• Like 1

Just now, sab_jonas said:

I updated my gig because there were some flaws in the description, thumbnail, tags, etc.

My "Thumbnail design gig" was created about 8 months ago. I was new to the platform and didn't want to work in that field simply to understand how the platform works, and then switch to my field of expertise. I only want to make sure that my gig will not lose visibility for a long time. That's all.

21 hours ago, vickieito said:

Why did you edit your gigs and what changes did you make?

As long as there's a good reason for editing your gigs, you should be fine. I always make edits to my gigs whenever I need to, and if I'm doing great (as you were doing), I don't make any changes unless it's to bump up the price so that I can get less orders.

I noticed your 1 review was for thumbnail design, but your only gig available right now is for Arabic-English translations. That might be the reason for your decreased visibility. You removed the only gig that you had an order/review on.

• Like 1