Do you support the idea of offering hourly work on Fiverr?

Do you support the idea of offering hourly work on Fiverr?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the idea of offering hourly work on Fiverr?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/31/2023 at 10:37 AM

What do you think  about  offering hourly work on Fiverr, i believe in many gig service hourly is recommended, i wish to have this feature on fiverr. 

here is some my opinion 

Pros:

1. Hourly work can provide more flexible and predictable payment options for freelancers, which can make the platform more appealing to a wider range of users.
  2. Hourly work can also provide more structure and stability for clients, as they can have a better understanding of how much they will be paying for a project before they start.

Cons:

1. Hourly work can be more difficult to manage, as it requires tracking and monitoring of the time spent on a project, which can lead to disputes over payment.
  2. It may also attract clients who are less committed to the project or who are more likely to change their minds mid-way, which can be frustrating for freelancer
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I think it's a good idea as an option, but I personally wouldn't use it myself.

I'd prefer to pay a flat fee for the gig and the seller manages their time themselves.  If the gig is hourly work (e.g. research) then I'd set a pre-agreed time (say 8 hours) in advance and pay for that. Which amounts to the same as a flat fee in the first place. 

• Like 3