Embracing the Adventures of a Digital Nomad Lifestyle

noirparliament_

Hey everyone!

I've been considering the idea of becoming a digital nomad for a while now and I'm curious to hear from those of you who have made the leap. Can you please share some of the advantages you've experienced since embracing this lifestyle? This is a new idea to me and I'm really excited about the freedom and flexibility that it offers, but I'd love to hear more about the specific benefits that you've experienced.

Thank you in advance for your input!

Edited by noirparliament_
  • Like 10

• noirparliament_ changed the title to Embracing the Adventures of a Digital Nomad Lifestyle

It's always fun - I traveled a lot before the pandemic. BUT you should remember, that it's a lifestyle, not a vacation - you have to do your job, and it takes a lot of time. So you need to be very organized. It requires self-discipline. It was my number 1 problem.

At the same time - you can visit a new country every week (depending on where you are), meet new people, and find freelancers communities, and workshops - it's really fun. At the same time I was always concerned about safety of my laptop, of my phone, of my data, I tried to find "safe" connection - it's not safe to use public wifi, so it was another problem for me

• Like 7

And from the downsides, you can’t settle, you have to figure out taxes and visas, you always have your bags packed, you are on your own and on top of doing your job you have to figure out your accommodation every time you move, transportation, itinerary, admin stuff for your business, if other countries allow you to work while you are there, where you’ll be a tax resident and many many more   

• Like 6