Negotiate Price after purchase

jakob_2

Hi everyone!

I am new to Fiverr and struggling with setting up the prices for my gig. My problem is that the labor required can be vastly different depending on the customers needs. For example: Shipping. Is it possible to negotiate the price after the customer contacted me? Is it common to do so?

Any advice is appreciated <3, Bye

• Like 10

On 1/7/2023 at 8:32 PM, jakob_2 said:

labor required can be vastly different depending on the customers needs.

This is where "custom offer" comes in, you will be able to offer a custom price that fits what the buyer is requesting. 

On 1/7/2023 at 8:32 PM, jakob_2 said:

Is it possible to negotiate the price after the customer contacted me? Is it common to do so?

Its possible to put an extra even with an open order. Common in a way that if the buyer purchased and requested something beyond the scope of what was described in your gig and fixed advertised prices, its understandable to explain that extra charges may be incurred. However, the scope of the gig must have been clearly explained in the gig description in the first place. For example, you only do logos that are text based and your set prices reflect that and in your gig description you specifically say if the buyer wants a mascot included, a "custom offer" is needed and you would have to discuss it further.

And yes if it includes shipping you certainly have to consider that in your pricing or extras. You can negotiate with the buyer if they are amenable and if they aren't well its understandable if they want to cancel. Best to be clear with the cost and scope, or at least have a better discussion before the order even starts that way you and the buyer are happy.

Read more about extras and custom offers here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360050216133-Paying-for-Orders-Extras-or-Custom-Offers?segment=buyer

• Like 10