when you find that you got the wrong gig in the wrong category.

sunysuny998

Today I find out that my gig ranked totally in wrong category after a buyer knock me for a job. I thought he misspell sm to sms. So continued the conversation. After a few massage I got that, he's demanding totally wrong service from me. When I inform him he show me the category and said that, because of his keyword he thought the gig belong in this category. So he didn't check thoroughly and he was sorry for that. 

My gig is about sm(social media) marketing but it ranked in sms marketing category, and it's on first page. but there's sm marketing, where it didn't ranked at all. did these happen to anyone? In "sm account create" it ranked in this category. 

I think many buyer waste their time like this, because of wrong gig rank in wrong category. 

I tried to write social media but as we all know sometime it cause some errand to accept that. so I had to made some adjustment for my title. I'm not telling that it's bad for me but some buyer might find it disturbing. I'm open for some suggestions.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

Sometime you search for a focus keyword about your required job but you found a wrong gig in that page. It's must be very disappointing for some buyer. I find myself in that place today as seller while communicating with a buyer. So I would like to know some of your experience as a seller and buyer like this. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, sunysuny998 said:

Today I find out that my gig ranked totally in wrong category after a buyer knock me for a job. I thought he misspell sm to sms. So continued the conversation. After a few massage I got that, he's demanding totally wrong service from me. When I inform him he show me the category and said that, because of his keyword he thought the gig belong in this category. So he didn't check thoroughly and he was sorry for that. 

My gig is about sm(social media) marketing but it ranked in sms marketing category, and it's on first page. but there's sm marketing, where it didn't ranked at all. did these happen to anyone? In "sm account create" it ranked in this category. 

I think many buyer waste their time like this, because of wrong gig rank in wrong category. 

I tried to write social media but as we all know sometime it cause some errand to accept that. so I had to made some adjustment for my title. I'm not telling that it's bad for me but some buyer might find it disturbing. I'm open for some suggestions.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Actually you made a mistake. Your title does not seems to be right. You should have mentioned "Social Media" instead of "SM". Fiverr might have considered your SM as SMS so your gig was added into SMS Marketing category because your gig title had SM word in it. 

But my question is: Why did you use SM (short form of Social Media).. What's wrong in using "Social Media"?

Edited by smartdezigns
  • Like 8

I didn't choose sm as keyword, but only in title cause of the word limitation. but that's okay. but I feel really sorry for the client. though I couldn't lock a deal but it was a waste of time for him. more than that if he placed the order without msg me what would happened?

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, advanceseonahid said:

you need to change  your  category

Main category is permanent so she cant change it but can change sub category

20 hours ago, sunysuny998 said:

I didn't choose sm as keyword, but only in title cause of the word limitation. but that's okay. but I feel really sorry for the client. though I couldn't lock a deal but it was a waste of time for him. more than that if he placed the order without msg me what would happened?

Well if you have not gotten any order, then why dont you delete this gig and create a new one? Just asking.. Shorten the title then but use full words

• Like 7