Introduction - Timi

meaviolet

Hello and good morning to you!

(At least it's morning time here in Budapest... :)) My name is Timi, I'm from Budapest, Hungary and joined Fiverr recently - the reason is very simple, I have a dream of mine for a long time now and I thought it's time to take the matter in my own hands, I have high hopes that I can contribute to that with some side gigs. My services includes translation from Hungarian to English and vica versa, general talking / empathic listening and some virtual assisant gigs as well - but I'm not here to advertise my services, I'm here to introduce myself. As a professional I'm working in the field of logistics at a multinational company, in my free time I'm spending my time with my friends, family, or my cat, Ella. I like cooking, reading books and hitting the gym for a good workout (mostly TRX)

Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself and have a nice Sunday y'all!

Edited by meaviolet
  • Like 16
  • Up 2

Szia Timi! 

Nice to see a fellow Hungarian on here! Just based on your post here (haven't had the chance to check out your profile yet!) I think you'll do just fine on Fiverr (and it's always lovely to see someone else who loves good food and books! 

The sun is almost starting to set here in Stockholm but I kind of enjoy it. it's just the right season for cosying up with warm drinks and movies/ books and games.

Anyway welcome and good luck!

Kata

• Like 17
  • Up 2

Szia Kata!

Thank you for the warm welcome, nice to see other Hungarians here, and from Stockholm, wow! 🙂 I practically run on coffee and good food (currently thinking making some creamy pasta with spinach and ricotta for today :)) ) I have high hopes that I would be able to land my very first gig soon. If you have any useful tips or trick for this platform, please share it with me, I'm basically a zöldfülű at this point.

I have a tip for cosying up: scent your room  with some fall scents - try some soy waxes with a wax melter, they'll smell delicious! (especially if they are scented like apple pie or orange-cinnamon...yummy!)

Thank you again for the kind welcome message! 😊

Timi

• Like 15
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, meaviolet said:

I practically run on coffee and good food (currently thinking making some creamy pasta with spinach and ricotta for today 🙂

That sounds so tasy! We had a tapas night (outside) after some snitzchels (not Hungarian style unfortunately, we were too lazy so we used frozen ones!) but good food is just so important, especially as the seaons change and all! I'm stocking up on some hot chocolate next week and might get one of those wax melter thingies (I think you can get them in this one spot we're going to at least) so I definitely will try making it smell all sweet and cosy in here!
As for tips, oh boy.
The most important thing (as obviously as it sounds) is to know whose advise you trust. There's a LOT of amazing posts on here that honestly help you with anything that you might need help with - the only thing is that you need to be able to find them! If something seems too good to be true (even just in general on Fiverr, like a buyer saying that they will buy 131231312 things from you later if you give them a 90% discount now... yeah, that's not true. Same as how 'staying online forever' helps. It doesn't. (it does burn you out...and probably hurts your computer?) 
But yeah, basically the tip is that you need to know how to research/ask the right questions! After that of course, there's also the other things (don't be too cheap,value yourself, only sell what you're truly good at, etc.) but... I think those you'll come to understand exactly how to do later on as well!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Ohh, I love tapas, it's a very fun way to spend a night out with your friends...and of course, there's f o o d. 😄 For me nothing beats cozying up with a good cup of tea (I keep approx. 5-6 different flavors in my cupboard, I'm really horrible..)  and an amazingly smelling wax melt and a book / or my favorite series  🙂

Thank you for the thoughtful tips, in my opinion staying online all the time is very bad for you - it can lead to a very bumpy path of clients thinking that you're always available and have nothing else to do. The right question tip is very good, after all you should have a clear understanding of what your client needs exactly to be able to work on the request and deliver.  I think I would learn a lot from my experiences as well, I can't wait to explore what this site has to offer. 🙂

• Like 12
  • Up 2