The message box on my gigs says I'm away but I'm not

laniwalkden

Question

Why does the message box that pops up on my gig state that I'm away when I'm not?  It showed 'online' for part of the day, but now that it's evening it has changed to 'away'.  I can't find a setting that would change this (not even in availability); neither can I find anything on Fiverr that would explain this.  Thank you.  Laniwalkden

• Like 3

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, laniwalkden said:

Why does the message box that pops up on my gig state that I'm away when I'm not?  It showed 'online' for part of the day, but now that it's evening it has changed to 'away'.  I can't find a setting that would change this (not even in availability); neither can I find anything on Fiverr that would explain this.  Thank you.  Laniwalkden

From your PC, go to settings and see 'ONLINE STATUS' 

However, if you are in an idle state for a few mins, it will automatically set offline. Try refreshing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Supposing you are using the same device with incognito mode or just another device, it probably happens anyway since the devices are in the same household.

The online status has not a 200% precision indeed, but you should test it out by making someone else check your profile from their own device in their house. 

If the issue will still be there you should ask CS about it.

Ah and p.s. I almost forgot to say that having the browser open on a Fiverr page does not automatically makes you online, after a brief amount of afk time your status will be set offline even if your browser is on Fiverr.

EDIT: refreshing compulsively, or even worse, using an auto-refresh tool, won't help you raising your metrics/performace, on the other hand it could harm them since it can be easily spotted as an anomalous behaviour.

Edited by samus_x
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1