Budget currency

siddraah

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi there,

The only currency available or sellers is USD, as far as I know. This is because fiverr is an American site and so handles everything in USD. Buyers can see it in their own currency, but a fee will be charged to convert their money to USD to actually buy the service - seeing the price in their own currency is only to make it simpler for them. That is why you can only withdraw from USD as well, but can apply currency conversion at the withdrawal stage if you wish to convert it (for a fee)

• Like 5
  • Up 2

I agree that this is an issue for anyone outside of the US.  As a seller from the UK I am frequently asked by customers for custom offers. On a few occasions the people I deal with have never really worked in $ before, so I try my best to convert it on their behalf.  I like most people use a crude Google search and advise them accordingly. However, when I come to enter this value into the custom offer box it regularly swings plus or minus 5% against the original cost.  Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts to get to the value, and sometimes I actually loose out on a few pounds to prevent further attempts. 

I can see why Fiverr do it, and to be honest it has only affected me a few times, but surely as Fiverr grows we should be a truly global marketplace as opposed to one that only deals in one currency?  I have picked this up with my selling manager on a couple of occasions and it has been passed up the line, but since then I haven't heard anything back.

I appreciate some people love working in $ as it's consistent and easy to understand. However, for myself, even though the customers see a gig in their own currency, the process of converting a custom offer can be a little clunky. 

Breals

• Like 6