Getting revisions again and again

akshatjain5

Question

Hello All , hope everyone is doing great.......

I recently received a order on Fiverr where I need to scrape data from multiple .msg files and I was provided with some samples stating that all .msg files will be having same format as of these .

After that the buyer asks for revision again stating : that the software is not working , and on seeing the log files (error files generated)  the .msg files were placed in windows some other location while the path was given of some other . 

I delivered the same order again as nothing was wrong with it and after delivery the buyer said that one more sample needs to be added as she forgot to send it earlier , but I was kind enough and gave it more time and build a new software which can handle that new sample as well . 

Now after this delivery she again send me error messages , basically that error comes when there are any other samples except the provided one.....

So she has provided me with 2 different samples as of now , of which I have charged her for one only second one was done in kindness as she forgot to send it earlier...

Now the buyer is saying that there are more samples to be added and she won't accept delivery until and unless i make it for all samples .

Moreover she is not ready to share new samples with me , she is saying that do zoom call and see new samples.....

So even if I try to provide / offer addition of new samples for no extra charge I can't do that without having those samples in my system .

• Like 10
  • Up 2

7 answers to this question

4 hours ago, akshatjain5 said:

Now the buyer is saying that there are more samples to be added and she won't accept delivery until and unless i make it for all samples .

Your buyer is a Scopoflayer, as per my list of Nightmare buyers and how to deal with them:

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

On 7/26/2022 at 2:47 AM, smashradio said:

Your buyer is a Scopoflayer, as per my list of Nightmare buyers and how to deal with them:

In my case after providing 7 revisions I went to Fiverr support , they canceled the order and not gave any reimbursement to me for my work ! 
The buyer got source code and 7 versions of software for free .

• Like 9

The sad part here is , I provided all the proofs to Fiverr Customer Care , including videos of software working which were sent to buyer also , buyer messages that shows that buyer was asking to add more features then the original order without paying me for it .

I have everything documented but the issue is I checked the buyers profile on Fiverr the buyer is constantly active on Fiveer and gives new orders.....

So they don't want to loose such person , and who cares about us....................

• Like 7

17 hours ago, akshatjain5 said:

The sad part here is , I provided all the proofs to Fiverr Customer Care , including videos of software working which were sent to buyer also , buyer messages that shows that buyer was asking to add more features then the original order without paying me for it .

I have everything documented but the issue is I checked the buyers profile on Fiverr the buyer is constantly active on Fiveer and gives new orders.....

So they don't want to loose such person , and who cares about us....................

Yeah this can happen from time to time. This is why selles need to learn to stand up for themselves. You should never include more than a single free revision and make it absolutely clear that a revision is a "small change of the excisting product, not additional work/added functionality". If the buyer asks for anything more, send them an order extra and require them to pay. 

• Like 6

On 7/27/2022 at 11:27 PM, akshatjain5 said:

Just an update , after a lot of email and discussions and showing proofs to fiverr support team ! 
I got my amount !!

• Like 4