How does getting paid for mock interviews/counselling work?

josh_oh

Question

Hello, currently a resume reviewer, and looking to expand my gig to technical mock interviews as it seems that there is demand to it.

I just wanted to check how the paying process works. Is it

1. a customer purchases my package and we decide on the time and mock interview structure

2. Conduct the mock interview as planned (use fiverr's own video chat option?)

3. Ask customer to approve afterwards so that I get paid.

Typically for resume reviews/writing, I never had trouble getting paid as it takes some iterations which also is time to build trust and I never had trouble with any customers, but for this interview stuff, I was concerned if they cause troubles by saying 'it wasn't useful or not what I expected' and demand refunds which then become troublesome. I did see a lot of counselling/mock interviews though so I was wondering how it works typically. Appreciate any advice.

• Like 8

2 answers to this question

Hi there,

You're correct - the process would be agree on price, date, and time, send custom offer (or get client to place order via page), and have them purchase the order.

Then once the interview is completed, you would use the delivery button, perhaps sending a proof of completion, such as any notes you made etc.

They would then accept the delivery.

The risk is the same as when you spend time working on and delivering any other piece of work, you just have to hope the client is reasonable and pay attention to any red flags. 🙂

Good luck!

• Like 9

I think the concern on them causing trouble is just for unscrupulous buyers or the value you're putting out in the interview. Otherwise, its just like any other project. As you said, you've seen the demand and the potential -  try it out! The first 10 sales you get on that gig will more or less give you an idea if its something to continue doing. Yeah the video chat will be used as that will be enabled for projects like these. Best of luck!

• Like 9